• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[COMPLETE] Let's Play Pokemon Dark Rising! (HD Remix)

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

LWbkzNI.gif

[Divine Bloodlines]

Dear god, what did I get myself into this time?

Pokemon Dark Rising is a FireRed rom hack created by the eponymous DarkRisingGirl in 2012. It is supposed to be a darker and more serious take on the Pokemon series's plot, along with having tougher difficulty. I'll admit that my interest level in this hack wasn't the same as Snakewood at first, due to Snakewood having morbid curiosity going for it and the fact I've been wanting to do that game for a long time.

However, the things I have heard about DRG's game instantly prompted me to check it out. I won't spoil but a great amount of it is not flattering. That said, I'm sure to get some enjoyment either riffing stupid things or doing things my own way like I've done in the past.

Future Dan: I should mention that while the Dark Risings are individually shorter than Snakewood, I also plan to cover three of them (1, 2 and Order Destroyed).

I decided against playing Dark Rising 3 ages ago - regardless if the creator manages to pull it out of dev hell or not. I have a few big reasons for turning away from it: namely disinterest, the fact it would just be beating a dead horse and the fact I have much better things to do like actual game development.

Without any further ado, however, let's slam jam.

CHAPTER LIST FAST TRAVEL:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

I don't even know where things will go from here.

Future Dan: Many places, obviously, considering you made this a branching timeline.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #2 - Fragile Border[/font]​

Spoiler:

(!! Read Chapter 2 first !!)

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #2.5 - No Mercy[/font]​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

This is just the calm before the storm, fellas. Wait 'till you see how things start breaking!

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #3 - Jaws of a Scorched Earth[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Alright, who left the oven on?

Chapter #4 - Scalding Passion
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

I hate how fun it is to procrastinate. Especially when I have school and game dev to deal with!

Chapter #5 - Watered Down Expectations

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Honestly, I don't like playing through Dark Rising and I can't force myself to even half enjoy it... so I guess we're doing things my way.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #6 - Fight or Die[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

A new and shiny chapter for the game with no polish.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #7 - Grinding My Gears[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Hauled in a marlin, folks! We've got quite the show for you today in...

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #8 - Made In Heaven[/font]

Spoiler: