• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Complete Noobie at Team Building...

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Yo. A little bit about my question is... Starting straight from the beginning of ORAS, and making a team that is good for competitive and in-game battling... But I honestly don't know where to begin. I am aware of IVs and EVs, but I don't know exactly what and how to get them. Perhaps a link to a guide of the basica and a tutor or someone to help me build a team.

Team ideas for Pokemon would be great, and the basic structure of a team like the offense, defense or whatever else there is. If someone is able to help me through the whole process of building, training, breeding and the move set and whatever else that would be great. Even just working with me for a team that I might like, and a move-set or whatever else would be great. I would like to do it on my own with some pointers as I go along my Omega Ruby game would be great.

So, in short, I would like a link to the basics of team building or some things that I could look for on my own if the thought of "Oh, god.. Why can't she look up those for herself." is running through your head. The second thing I'd like is a person to help me go through the task and stay for the duration of my progress through the game, that'd be great. If I worded it kind of weirdly, I'm sorry... I'm not good at explaining things, so if you need an explanation on something in my little novel here, just ask. I will get to it as soon as possible.

<3

ToXiiC_Sinister

Malamar, I Choose You!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2015
    I just started the game as well and have decided to go with Beautifly, Pelipper, Sharpedo, Camerupt and the last two are unknown at the moment. Maybe that will give you some ideas, I abandon my starter till after the story if I decide to put it on my trained team.

- ToXiiC_Sinister

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Oh, I see. c: I might mess around a bit with some Pokemon and check some resources. Thanks for the input.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you haven't already done so, I'd like to recommend you to try your hands on Breloom, if possible!

Shroomish isn't very difficult to capture in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire--if I'm not wrong, it could be found in Petalburg Woods, I believe, as well as few other locations here and there--and evolving is not too tough, either; it could be done rather easily.

Although Breloom's defenses might not be very high, it could still pack a punch, and a heavy one at that. As far as moves go, I'd suggest you to try Seed Bomb, Focus Punch, Substitute, and Leech Seed. Together, they would make this Pokémon almost unstoppable.

Years
    With building teams in-game; you'd want to ensure that you mainly use Pokemon mid-late game. Mainly because that's where you get the good ones and you'd be able to balance experience points. As everyone suggested; Breloom is a very good Pokemon. I decided to hold mine out until the level it learnt Spore. You shouldn't worry about EV and IV training in-game as single player Pokemon is much easier than multiplayer Pokemon.

I mainly packed my team with the large amount of legendaries provided for you after you caught Kyogre/Groudon.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    This was my AS team, I liked it a lot! :)
    • Swampert: Surf, Earthquake, Ice punch & Brick break
    • Salamence: Fly, Dragon claw, Steel wing & Crunch
    • Breloom: Seed bomb, Sky uppercut, Poison jab & Rock slide
    • Magmortar: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Focus blast & Faint attack
    • Manectric: Thunderbolt, Thunder wave, Overheat & Thief
    • Metagross: Meteor mash, Zen headbutt, Earthquake & Ice punch

Back