• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create your own playground rumor.

Days
    • Seen today
    My rumor is if you catch 7 mr. mime in any gen, your character will just randomly have a jester costume and probably join the jugglers and then the circus. Tame rumor, but it's a start and can lead to character customization before actual customization was realized as a game mechanic.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Mostly people create rumors for gens 1 and 2. I'd like to hear some from hoenn, sinnoh, unova, kalos, and or alola also. I know they don't hold up as well due to looking stuff up on the Internet. One playground rumor was debunked quickly which is the sinnoh one with a cool looking legendary confirmed to be fake, due to data mining.

Years
  • Mostly people create rumors for gens 1 and 2. I'd like to hear some from hoenn, sinnoh, unova, kalos, and or alola also. I know they don't hold up as well due to looking stuff up on the Internet. One playground rumor was debunked quickly which is the sinnoh one with a cool looking legendary confirmed to be fake, due to data mining.

There was one gen 4 rumor I remember the most because it was half true. It was for Diamond and Pearl, before Platinum was announced. The rumor went like this:

"There is a 4th lake in sinnoh that has manaphy as its legendary (nobody knew it was a mythical). You have to get HM Dive after beating the Elite Four 5 times, and with it you must jump from the bridge in Sendoff Spring."

What made this rumor half true was how this was the way everyone found out about Sendoff Spring. It technically had a legendary residing in it, Girantina, but not manaphy.

Days
    • Seen today
    I never knew that manaphy was considered to be catchable wild at the Sendoff Spring rumor. I just referenced a YouTube thumbnail of a cool blue fakemon that was either super common like bidoofs and starlys or as a roaming pokemon much like the legendary beasts from johto.

Years
  • The best playground rumors sound somewhat plausible but are hard enough to where most people won't go through the effort to test them. My rumor is that if you defeat the Elite 4 + Cynthia in DP without letting a single Pokemon faint you'll unlock the Distortion World.

Days
    • Seen today
    Funny you should ask. I used to do that all the time, with my 6 legendary pokemon I trained. Never resulted in anything, even when I just brought 1 legendary to defeat the elite 4 and Cynthia, even though I never knew a rumor like that even existed.

Back