• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Criticism on custom buildings.

Poeman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Criticism on Platinm Tileset

This is in a way original, but I just want some feedback on how they look. It's the lavender town and port town(can't recall the name) buildings.

CustomPokeTiles-1.png

Please don't steal, if you want to use them just ask permission, most likely if your project isn't terrible you can have them.

EDIT:
    How are these?
    NewBuildings.png

It's just a recolor, but the door was drawn from scratch, and I selected the colors myself, still not sure it looks platinumish with the colors @.@
    I also drew it at the original size :D

NewBuildings-1.png

Credit me for "Arranging 4TH gen tileset and a few custom buildings"
    Not for the rips
    V0.1
    4thGenTileset-1.png

V0.2
    4thGenTileset-2.png

All I ask for is credit, the buildings don't have doors so you can place the door anywhere.

Last edited:

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
  • Maybe it's a bit rude to say this... but they are a bit boring. Add some spice, some details!
    And did you actually make them at the size they are now? You better decrease the size of one tile by 50% and start scratching from that. I'll hope this comment is a bit useful. ;)

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe it's a bit rude to say this... but they are a bit boring. Add some spice, some details!
    And did you actually make them at the size they are now? You better decrease the size of one tile by 50% and start scratching from that. I'll hope this comment is a bit useful. ;)
    This was not rude at all, as long as you tell me how to improve your just helping ;D Yes I made them at the size their at now.
    Do you mean decrease the whole building by 50% or just one tile? That's a bit confusing.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
  • Yeah, it sounded weird when I wrote it down too.. XD You know the tiles are officialy 32x32, right? Well, if you're using paint, you can decrease the size of one single tile in percents. You should decrease the size with 50%. Got to agree with Lusidea, they're a bit squared, so let me give you a tip: Look at the official games and their designs of buildings. It depends on what kind of gen you want your buildings to be. ;)
    I hope I made myself clear this time, you see, I'm from Holland, so sometimes it's hard to explain things in English.. :P

EDIT: And.. try to work on your shading, for example, look at my buildings. I don't say those are perfect but they're a good example.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • This was not rude at all, as long as you tell me how to improve your just helping ;D Yes I made them at the size their at now.
    Do you mean decrease the whole building by 50% or just one tile? That's a bit confusing.

He means that you should make the tiles using 16x16 boxes/tiles, otherwise, you might
    mix up the sizes of pixels and the tiles won't fit with the other tiles (Remember that RMXP uses twice the siz of Pokemon Tiles)

And I agree with Dew.
    The overall tiles are good, but a little boring. Add some more details.
    Also, don't make the Vermillion houses so thin.
    Do you really live in an only 3 meter wide house? xD

Anyway, as stated before, really good otherwise.

Cheerz~

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I'm sorry, I added a tileset for which can be used ingame.

Back