• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] EVOMON : A card game with pokemon-like monsters, looking for feedback on the art :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello,

I have started a personal project 1 month ago
I would like to make a boardgame pokemon-like (called "EVOMON" , with cards, draft and evolution mechanics).
I would like to have some feed back on my "fakemon" like I saw it is called on this forum
pic7455319.png

pic7455321.png

pic7455322.png

I made a lot like these ones on boardgamegeek website
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3059388/wip-evomon-evolution-monster-card-game-draft-mecha

But I don't have a lot of feedback :(
So if you could help/guide me or if you are even interested by the game idea,
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time :)

Adrien

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Did you make these using AI? There are many inconsistencies in the art that seems to suggest that it wasn't made with human-like error, such as the inconsistent toes on the first image as well as the entire missing front limb of the 3rd one

Edit: I had just skimmed through all the assets provided, and can confidently say that it is AI generated due to the very similar inconsistencies that are common in AI art. I do not know this forum's rules on AI art, nor will I condemn those that use it, but I will bluntly say that there is very little to comment on due to the nature of AI generated art because regardless of what feedback you get, it will be very difficult to apply that feedback in a way that will affect what you have now in a positive manner.

However, if you want me to entertain it: I personally think that the designs suffer from looking fairly generic and seems to focus more on "rendering" (if you can even say that for AI art), rather than cohesiveness of the design elements present. It does fall in line with more popular game art, so I can't say for sure whether that is a negative or positive for the look you seem to be planning to use (or is a limitation of the AI model you are using). This is purely from my own opinion of monster designs, but these do not stick out to me if paired with others of the same caliber of designs, so I would focus more on making the designs feel creative through the use of design techniques to make them conceptually fuller than they are now.

Last edited:
Years
Hello

Thats exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for thank you
Yes from midjourney, but a large large number of time and I had to modify pixel by pixel some pictures to supress those inconsistent things.
So if you have some obvious ones you saw I can correct them.
Hands and claws are really bad I need to modify a lot of them manually.

I do not know this forum's rules on AI art : I didn't think there could be rules about it.

Can you explain me more please what you means by :
making the designs feel creative through the use of design techniques

My understanding in english is not perfect :p

Thank you very much for your time :)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Hi there,

We are unfortunately going to have to close down your thread due to the breaking of a rule set in place in the art channel.

"› Ai Art is not allowed as of now. (this might change in the future but right now we have chosen not to allow it.)"

We will therefor close down your thread. Issues you may have regarding this can be picked up with either me or Chura. However, please understand that Ai art is under no circumstance allowed right now.

Please refer the following thread for rules: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=407123

I do not know this forum's rules on AI art : I didn't think there could be rules about it.

To clarify, a forum is able to put rules about Ai art down. Such as banning it completely as we have done for now.

Ai art machines such as midjourney make use of art made by other artists who have not given prior permission to the use of their art in such a way. We do not see Ai art as " referencing" art like human artists do as it's able to completely copy an artstyle made by a specific artist. This is seen as plagiarism. To make matters worse, the creators of these Ai machines do not credit the artists that it has used the art of. If there are credits, then not all artists that have been used are included. This has been proven time and time again. Not creditting artwork is another one of our rules.

There is a possibility that the rules around Ai art may change in the future but right now Ai art has been completely banned from the artist alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back