• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon more like ew no thanks :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
Years
So, lately I've been doodling and stuff and then I did some stuff and yeah I don't know. Amachi told me to make this, blame him. They don't have names or anything, since I can't think of any I like, but yeah. And now I'm going to edit this to heck and back, and make it look vaguely professional, rather the blob of random incomplete ideas that it was. Here we go.

bluebellmon1.png

Geistbell. Meadow Flower pokemon. Grass/ghost type. I'm thinking mediocre stats, moves like Perish Song, Heal Bell, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, etc.
I didn't want to give it a Roselia-esque face but eeeh, it suited it. I made it smaller than the original one. That one was a bit too big.

quailmonsprite.png

Spruail. Grass type. Spring pokemon. It sort of serves as your early game type pokemon. Moves like Razor Leaf, Grasswhistle, Leafblade, Peck, etc.
quailmon2.png

Pheasleef. Autumn pokemon. Grass type. Evolution of Spruail.
quailmon3-1.png

Quatumn. Grass/Ground type. Autumn pokemon. Evolution of Pheasleef. Adds moves like Magnitude and Earthquake to it's arsenal.

And I think I'm done. Um, they were all done from scratch I suppose so, yeah. Rock on.

ps. The names kinda suck, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
not bad. ^.^

the grass/flying quail concept is so common, however. keep sketching and spriting and more creative ideas will come to you. anywho, can't wait to see you improve on this. you're definitely good for just starting.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Pretty good stuff here for just starting out. The outlining and shading could be slightly improved in places, but that will come with practice. The anatomy on Quatumn seems slightly off as well, like it was stretched vertically or something. I'd like to see more work from you, so keep at it. ;D

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
The sprites are just above average...

Except for Spruail. Try to use that style; it's the closest to official I've seen in a while looking at amateur scratches.

7/10 for the majority, 9.5/10 for Spruail.

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
Years
The anatomy on Quatumn seems slightly off as well, like it was stretched vertically or something.

I entirely agree that something is very wrong with it. I don't often notice things until later but the more I look the more I notice and frankly I can't stand it. I think the main problem stems from it's tail. If I followed the lineart from my original drawing, it looked too small and had too many straight lines, making it look like it was made from Lego bricks. I intend to attempt to fix it up in the future, just need the motivation to do so first.

quailmon3.png

Just for the record that's the original Quatumn, (and no you don't need to tell me how bad it is. It's for practice, it's not meant to be a van Gogh) well sort of technically the original is in my sketch book, but that's what I shrank to sprite it. Working with such a small space is really quite perplexing.

And I have a few sketches that I might sprite or something. Some of them are a bit banal but we all need to start somewhere, right?

Also to the people giving ratings out of 10, please stop. It's kind of offensive really. You might mean well but just no. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back