• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Field Head is not a positive Integer

Days
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
    Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 1, key Shape
    Head

Compiler:391:in `csvPosInt!'
    Compiler:1715:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1698:in `each'
    Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1695:in `loop'
    Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1680:in `each'
    Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1679:in `each'
    Compiler:1679:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

This exception was logged in
    C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Can somebody please help me to get rid of this error?

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hello @DoZUro
    Okay, so I'm glad you sent the full error message, because I can see that you are using v17 of Essentials, which is going back a bit! Luckily, I'm an old fart, so I know what the error is. You are using a PBS file that is too updated for v17, where the pokemon shape is calculated with numbers instead of words. So there's a few solutions:
    1) If you haven't modified the game too much, you can start over with a fresh v21 version of essentials. Then your PBS file will be up to date and work.
    2) If you don't care about showing shapes on the Pokedex, you can remove all lines starting with "Shape" on the PBS file, but you may encounter another error because you used an old version.
    3) You can use Ctrl+H on your PBS file to change all the letters to numbers. I'm not sure exactly what the match is, but looking at the top of this may help, in the Generation 4 section:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_shape.
    3) You can change the compiler to accept the new format. The other solutions are probably easier though

Hope this helps!
    Swdfm

Back