• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FreshX's Sprites Galore

.:FreshX:.

Captian Obvious...
Years
  • Please Comment

Scratches
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

The first one is my grass starter fakemon named, Trexitor.
    The next is an electric mouse. He has a lightning bolt on its side.
    THe next on eis a cookie with ice cream on top. Don't know how much of a fakemon he is.
    The Kangeroo is the first in a kangeroo line i'm making. He is normal/fighting.
    The purple doll is called Raytoy. he is the fakemon children adore in my region.
    The mask that is on fire is going to be the primary fakemon use by my regions grunts.
    The next is a fakemon based off a thug or the motorcycle trainers in the games.
    The next is a fakemon based of a venus-fly trap.
    the last one is a happy-go-lucky llama thing.

Reposes
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

(Pikachu, Voltorb, Mew, Cacnea)

5th Gen.
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

The only one I have sprited is Pokabu...

Maps
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

This is the only one I have that is completed

Banners
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

FreshX's Sprites Galore

Banners aren't my specialty but I posted some anyway.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Your Fakemon are a bit iffy and I think you need to work more on their designs and concepts.
    Your reposes of the real Pokemon and really great (especially your Mew!) but, they go unnoticed because of the Fakemon.
    :)

Years
  • FreshX's Sprites Galore

I'm not really seeing a pokemon with this sprite. There's not a clear face to look at. There is that red spot, but I can't tell if it's an eye, a mouth, or a design element. With the typical plant colors it looks even more like a simple plant than a pokemon. They are good colors though, and wouldn't be a problem if they weren't compounded by the lack of other distinctive features.

As for the quality of the sprite, it's good. The "trunk" has a little bit of texture and detail and the shading comes off well. The leaf's highlighting seems a little off though. The curve through the middle of it looks like it's meant to be a crease so I would expect the lighting to reflect that kind of shape. As it is, the lighting suggests that the leaf is somewhat rounder and less flat, or not have the shading curve around most of the outline. I'm not sure if I'm explaining too clearly, but here are examples of what how I imagine leaves to look:

FreshX's Sprites Galore
    FreshX's Sprites Galore

The 3rd gen sprite also has a nice example of shading for thin, vine-like parts such as the "vines" on your sprite. It doesn't have a complete darker outline on the entire length (because they're only two pixels thin in places) but still gives a sense of shading and depth. Basically I don't think you need to outline every vine on your sprite.

Just as another note, the lack of fingers and toes on your scratched sprites' hands and feet give a soft, rounder feel to them, even the one that's supposed to be thuggish.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
  • The cacturn and voltorb reposes are great. Your pallet choosing and shading for the fakemon are quite good though your lineart needs some work. A good way to improve is by getting an picture to sprite off. Maybe draw or scan a picture on paper and then sprite off that. It gives you a much better plan and idea of what your spriting.

Secondly, a great way to shade is to feel the object. Pretend that pokemon was in your hands. How is it shaped? How dose the light come of it? Is there reflection?

Continue spriting and practising and you will improve beyond recognition. Re sprite the pokemon you have here and you will be surprised how much you've improved. Compare them and always assess yourself.

Back