• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
  • Over the years, I have linked over this page strait into Pixel Art. Although I am a prolific spriter, I do some other means of art every now and then. Hope you guys like my stuff. BTW, I appreciate your comments and criticism, but I probably will not be able to go back and fix this stuff... anything that you guys help me to improve on will have to be for future works ^^ I also don't use watermarks, because i expect that everyone here is respectful and mature enough to ask me permission to borrow/use/take my works... but i've been wrong before...

Pokemon Photoshop
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Handrawn
    Spoiler:

Well, there you have it, i'll keep updating as i make more stuff ^_^

***MORE IN NEXT POST DOWN***

So here's some more stuff... I put the cars and random stuff in a second post so the first one doestn't get too large...

Photoshopped Cars
    Spoiler:

Handrawn Cars
    Spoiler:

Other Hand done
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • So here's some more stuff... I put the cars and random stuff in a second post so the first one doestn't get too large...

Photoshopped Cars
    Spoiler:

Handrawn Cars
    Spoiler:

Other Hand done
    Spoiler:
    Shoot, I didn't see the date of the first post. -..-; Sorry for the merge.

ANYWAY, since you just updated it a few minutes ago, I'll post a comment to keep this alive. xDD
    I like the coloring of your Blaziken! The feathers are kinda facing all different directions. =x It makes it look a lot fluffier than it's suppose to be. However, you did a pretty great job!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Why Thankyou Anastasia! I appreciate the response! (No worries on the merge ^_^)

Hmmm... i see what you mean with the feathers... they were hard to do, i'm not gonna lie... i think my first issue is that the overlap of different layers of feathers are kinda hard to see... they all just blend in with eachother... boo...

i'm working on an xatu right now... so i'll keep that in mind about the feathers!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Thanks Shinjiro! I'm glad you like my work! In the same style of Blaziken... here is another pokemon painting (my first one)... Hurricane the Gyarados!

UPDATE is in first post!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    That's very impressive, those Photoshop paintings. How long do you think it took you to draw Blaziken and Gyarados?

My only comment would be that both of them are a bit blurry. Is it a part of the painting style itself, that they normally appear a little blurry?

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • That's very impressive, those Photoshop paintings. How long do you think it took you to draw Blaziken and Gyarados?

My only comment would be that both of them are a bit blurry. Is it a part of the painting style itself, that they normally appear a little blurry?

Thanks for the crit! I appreicate it! Actually, that seems to be the style... the bluriness... i've though long and hard about that, you see... but these pokemon are my "imaginary friends" ... lol... they're my rp pokemon, so tbh, they are an abstract of my mind and i kinda like the blurry look... that and it just kinda happens when i paint them...

Blaziken took maybe three hours over two days and gyarados took two hours strait... i think that is evident in the quality of blaziken over gyarados...

Keep Tuning In!

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
  • The photoshop drawn Pokemon look nice, but I think the Gyarados needs to be a bit less blurry, it loses a tad quality.

Very nice though.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • The photoshop drawn Pokemon look nice, but I think the Gyarados needs to be a bit less blurry, it loses a tad quality.

Very nice though.
    Yeah... i suppose gyarados is a bit too blurry... unfortunately, it will be hard to go back now and redo him... so i'll have to keep it in mind when doing new paintings!

Great way of coloring lineless! I cant see much of the traditional sketch though...
    I'm glad you like the linelessness... in regards to the sketching, it's something different i am trying... a strange, lineless, as you put it ^^, style! I definitely like it, but it does have it's draw backs... like the blurriness... the gyarados is worse than the blaziken though... gyarados was the first one i did, and i kinda corrected that on blaziken a bit... the one i'm working on now is much better in that regard!

Keep Tuning In!

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Very nice. I like the colours of the blaziken. Banette transformation would have to be my favourite though <3 Love the concept. And you have a good grasp on shading and anatomy.

When you use Photoshop, it may not be a good idea to solely rely on blur and smudge tools, it kind of makes it look a bit lazy. Even though your art is lineless, it still needs a defining contrast between subject and background, and the blur doesn't really do much for it. As for the smudging, you can easily emulate the effects without making...well, looking like you used the smudge tool lol. Stuff like using softer and smaller brushes to do stuff like tufts of fur or feathers.

Uhm...I hope I didn't come off as too preachy or nitpicky, hehe sorry.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Very nice. I like the colours of the blaziken. Banette transformation would have to be my favourite though <3 Love the concept. And you have a good grasp on shading and anatomy.

When you use Photoshop, it may not be a good idea to solely rely on blur and smudge tools, it kind of makes it look a bit lazy. Even though your art is lineless, it still needs a defining contrast between subject and background, and the blur doesn't really do much for it. As for the smudging, you can easily emulate the effects without making...well, looking like you used the smudge tool lol. Stuff like using softer and smaller brushes to do stuff like tufts of fur or feathers.

Uhm...I hope I didn't come off as too preachy or nitpicky, hehe sorry.

You don't come off preachy one bit ^^ i'm taking in every word and will try them!

These are things i've come to learn from other photoshop artists ^^ It's just a strange "fluffy" style i'm trying... i want it to have a soft look... but the blur is definitely killing gyarados... maybe not so much blaziken...

Also, thanks for commenting on some of my other stuff ^^ It's been up for a while, but no one has ever said anything, lol... i'm glad you like the banette though... (it's one of my favorites too...)

Anyways, here's the next piece of my team: Indy the Xatu (updated in first post)

Keep Tuning In!

Back