• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help] what anime pokemon to choose?

Days
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Hello!

First of all sorry for my english, i´m from Argentina, it's difficult to explain well my internal debate but i gonna try it!

My situation is that: I love Pokemon lore, i love the games and the stories! I also like the battles and the story behind each pokemon(like the first chapter of Ash and Charmander or the story of cubone for example). I only have a problem with pokemon in general, wich is the intention of being family friendly, TOO MUCH family friendly in my opinion. I don´t have a very big problem with that, i can deal with it hahah.

I really want to see a Pokemon anime, and i have 2 possibilities: Pokémon(Ash seasons) or Pokemon Horizons.

Pokemon original: I only saw the indigo league. Yes, I missed a lot of great things, i know. So i want to see the original anime, i don´t care about that it has more than 1000 episodes. I can watch it in my own pace, but i have a problem: I know the fact that Ash never gonna win the Pokemon League until Journeys. That´s the only fact that i know from the original series. It is a very big problem know that fact if i want to watch the series? what do you thing? I don´t know nothing more about the anime!

Pokemon Horizons: I'm watching it right now. The last episode that i saw is number 37. I like it, it is fun, but For now I feel the story is quite empty compared to the 1st season of Pokemon indigo league ( Repeat, FOR NOW!) and also doesn't have that mature touch where maybe things could go wrong for the protagonist. That´s only an observation, i like the anime. The best point for this anime is the fact that i don´t know the final hahah. It´s a good anime, but i want to hear your opinions!

fact: Yes, i saw and i love Pokemon origins, evolutions, and generations.

PD: If you read and response with friendliness, thank you su much!

Greetings from Argentina

Pokemon original: I only saw the indigo league. Yes, I missed a lot of great things, i know. So i want to see the original anime, i don´t care about that it has more than 1000 episodes. I can watch it in my own pace, but i have a problem: I know the fact that Ash never gonna win the Pokemon League until Journeys. That´s the only fact that i know from the original series. It is a very big problem know that fact if i want to watch the series? what do you thing? I don´t know nothing more about the anime!
    No, I wouldn't say that's a major problem. I'd actually say it's a good thing so you don't get false hope that Ash may win in the other seasons.

Pokemon Horizons: I'm watching it right now. The last episode that i saw is number 37. I like it, it is fun, but For now I feel the story is quite empty compared to the 1st season of Pokemon indigo league ( Repeat, FOR NOW!) and also doesn't have that mature touch where maybe things could go wrong for the protagonist. That´s only an observation, i like the anime. The best point for this anime is the fact that i don´t know the final hahah. It´s a good anime, but i want to hear your opinions!
    That's true, but Indigo League is the exception, not the rule for the Ash seasons. The sassiness gets toned down a LOT starting in the Johto arc and is essentially gone once he gets to Hoenn, and the plotlines get much less dark/mature as time goes on. I'd personally recommend Horizons, the series is far more condensed and story driven (the Ash series often has 10+ episodes of filler between plot points in comparison) and there's a more consistent cast, which allows them to be better developed and explored as characters. It's also still ongoing, so it'll be impossible for important plot points to be accidentally spoiled for you as long as you stay caught up.

I'd personally recommend Horizons, the series is far more condensed and story driven (the Ash series often has 10+ episodes of filler between plot points in comparison) and there's a more consistent cast, which allows them to be better developed and explored as characters. It's also still ongoing, so it'll be impossible for important plot points to be accidentally spoiled for you as long as you stay caught up.
    Thanks for the response!

For example, one of my problems with horizons:

The squad fall into a cave with a Krookodile family. Roy with fuecoco, Cap and Sprigatito. I say "yes, it gonna be the good part!". "Now i gonne see a good battle". And Roy solves the problem singing? Yeah, i know that it´s an anime for some kids, but SINGING? SERIOUSLY, SINGING? Somethings of Horizons really don´t like me, but are only this details. Like i say, i´m very fan of the battles

I'd recommend Horizons. So far, it's been great! It has a whole new story with brand new characters and mysteries that aren't from the games, and I love how they're taking a different approach with this anime and stepping away from the usual story of challenging gyms to take on the league and the "monster of the week" type of episodes. And most characters have already gotten good developments, and I'm really looking forward to where Horizons goes from here. It really is just very unfortunate that many people don't give Horizons a chance just because "Ash isn't in it.".

Back