• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] How to encounter regional variants (such as Alolan forms)?

Years
    Hey, so, a long time ago, I managed to make a regional variant appear in the wild, and I went to do that again recently, and ran into a problem.

I couldn't, for the life of me, remember what the hecking heck I did. I am not sure if I did this through PBS, the script editor, or something else, but I couldn't find anything that felt familiar to me, and I've been wanting to have regional variants in my game. I tried looking it up, since that is likely how I learned how to do it, but had no luck other than the parts I already knew about different forms. If someone could be so kind as to explain to me how to make different forms appear in the wild (again), I'd really appreciate it.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Check how GIRATINA or SHELLOS works about its changing forms, into _Form script, there you will noticed '$game.maps'. About PBS folder you need to put the variants inside 'pokemonform.txt'. Also, to put movetutor/hm you need to add them inside _Form script too, together with '$game.maps'.

Years
    Oh right! Okay, I remember now! Thank you so much! It'd been a long time since I worked on my game because life happened, and that was the one thing I needed to remember.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    To Lycanroc I made a specific script to their forms. But about Alolan forms is easy:
    Spoiler:

Check if you use to PIKACHU (about its forms). Also, i made one by one, so give credits if use. :D

Back