• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Want to Know What ART Is (ART THREAD)

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks B]
    I don't usually do requests, as I've noticed that drawing something for someone is really easily frustrating O: My motivation goes down the drain whenever I 'have to' draw something.
    I've done some minor requests for friends in the past but I don't officially take 'em P:

Yes! Practice is good. C:

Here are some new doodles (varying quality) and more finished stuff too, I guess?
    //fanart doodles//
    Spoiler:

//original stuff//
    oc doodle:
    Spoiler:

Hesperos eating an apple:

Another combat owl:

redesigned 'spirit animal':

doodles are in spoilers because they are kind of messy !

EDIT: Raikou using thunder/thunderbolt for a contest on another forum (kinda blergh but idc)

Last edited:

MimeJr

Beginning Coordinator
    Years
  • You sir are a talented artist. could you do something with a reuniclus... srry its like begging, ino this isnt a request thread, i just love your work and reuniclus is my favorite to draw... plus i think itd look awesome in your style

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks! I don't think I'll draw a Reuniclus right now because I mainly work when inspiration hits. I do like the pokemon, so I'll probably draw it somewhere in the future.

Here are some more-or-less doodly/speedpainty things.

forest fire:

a thing:

Terezi from Homestuck:

Rose from Homestuck (spoilered because kind of awful):
    Spoiler:

I just got myself a Sheezyart account, so go visit it >here< in case you go to Sheezy/are actually interested in my work and want more frequent updates (unlikely, but w/e).

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    I really don't see much wrong with you anatomy, I think you are on the right track.

Other than that, I love your art style and I feel you are already well established as an artist, while I wouldn't discourage you from wanting constructive criticism, don't let others shape your art style into being the "standard" for a good artist.

Artists need to define themselves, once they learn all the standard rules and elements of art they should work to create it in their way, not fall into a standard of how art is suppose to look like. it's commonly accepted that there is no such thing as "perfect art" yet it seems art professionals and art critics have an idea on what makes a piece "perfect".

people need to learn to enjoy the beauty of a piece, not carefully analyze it for flaws, and I think you are well established as an artist, don't make this give you a set of confidence that you don't need constructive criticism, but understand that you are established enough to not have to change too much as an artist unless you feel so.

Back