• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intoxicated's Art Gallery

Tox

fight me
Years
  • So I’ve wanted to start a gallery for a while, but I wasn’t exactly sure what I should include. Then, the other day, I dug up some old pictures of Fakemon my sister and I drew about seven or eight years ago. We had a Pokédex of 150 Fakemon. I began to redraw some of them with my new graphics tablet. I decided to start a gallery of Fakemon which will be updated fairly often.

To start off, here are the three starters in their basic forms. I also redrew two randomly selected Pokémon. My sister actually created four of the five. The water starter is my only creation that I’ve posted.

Some general feedback would be greatly appreciated. I love advice and criticism, so don’t be afraid to say anything. I’m aware that shadowing is definitely not one of my strong points. Some tips on that might be nice. Also, the names may be terrible, but I’m not changing them because of the nostalgia. So here we go.

Spoiler:

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Well a lot of the lines seem to be kinda iffy, if anything you should make them look more "straight" instead of kinda lumpy looking.

Also the shading looks off on some of them seeing out how a few of them looked Jpg but are probably not.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Yeah, that I did notice. That's probably due to drawing on my lap as opposed to on a desk.

The shading is probably really far off. I'm terrible at it, as I've stated. None of the pictures are JPEG. They're all PNG, but they were JPEG. I did that purposely though, because it makes things harder to steal.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • To be quite honest with you, not that many people like to steal sprites or pixel art work. It is very easy to tell if something is stolen so you don't have to worry about making it jpg then png to keep people from stealing it.

With the line thing I basically mean that your lineart without the color looks very lumpy, almost liked you used the line tool in MSPaint. Most sprites do prefer a laptop pad over a mouse and they do mostly use MSPaint as a program.

The shading really isn't that bad, you just need to stick with one lightsource and use a reference to see how something gets hit with said lightsource and you'll be fine.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I've had it happen before, which is why I'm cautious. I suppose I have other ways around it too anyway.

Yeah, I agree. It could use some work. I actually drew it with my graphics tablet straight into GIMP but I could have drawn it somewhere smoother, I suppose. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks, again I'll work on it. :) Great comment, thanks Lunyka.

Back