• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iScribbles and a Wallpaper

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    So I'm out of the hospital and all is well, though I am still extremely sore and stuff. But whatever. I've had time for arts. :D

I drew the background, Nim (the human), and the legendary birds.

I did this while I was teaching myself how to use GIMP. xD
    It sucks. But I likes it.
    Took about an hour to put together, including the time it took to gather brushes and stuff.
    If you'd like to see the full size, click the image to be taken to its DA page.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

For digital art it seems you are very capable! Though i can point out a few mistakes.
    The Man: He is really skinny! You might wanna give him some place to put his food! And while i'm on the abdoman, it is really long. I'm not sure if you had intended that but it seems out of proportion to me. Down by his legs it seems very off, he has a dead straight line going across from one leg to another. You should make the pannts look like they blend a bit more and make it a little more humaly. The last thing i would point out is below the neck or his upper body if you will, i know what body part you were trying to show but where you have the right angle black line it makes his body look backwards. But it's not a major thing. His hair looks great and the rest is nicely done!
    Zapdos & the 2 birds: Zapdos is really well done i really like how you've drawn it! Though i think it could be slightly longer, it seems a little short and the lightning bolts are sorta random. I mean it looks like one is coming out of it's back side and i'm sorry to be so rude about it but it looks a little off! The beak is a little long but just a tad. Other than that it looks cool! I must say i absolutely love the way you've made the two birds flying in! That is one of my favourite parts of the drawing!
    The Dog: Is this an alteration of houndoom y/y? Anyway he looks awsome except for the red outline. I find that to be a bit much. I know you may have been trying to make it glow but it kind of ruins it for me and i think you should have gone with a safer black. Also at the end of the tail the red gets a little bit messy. He is also a bit short. It looks as if his hind legs would be a bit to close to his front ones if he was to stand up.
    The Background: There's not a whole lot i can say about it but i think it is awsome! I love how you've used the purple in the distance above the hills! The flowers are nicely done too!
    The Pichu: LOL
    Seriously though his left ear is a little small but other than that it's fun!

Win drawing though i really like this one! Few minor errors but you're doing great!

Lmao i have these brushes. I like what you've done though! You've made this in a very creative way. I love the colours. With a liited supply of resources you've really made somthing nice! There is a little too much space on the right though but other than that it's a nice little render!

Glad to see you're back! I like your work so keep at it!
    Hope i helpped some bit!

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Hahha! (:
    Thanks for your insight! The human is actually supposed to look awkward, long and raunchy. It's my cartoony style, and that doesn't bother me since I can draw people realistically quite well. On another note, his collar bone is off to the side a tad much, and I should've fixed it.

On Zapdos, you're absolutely right. His beak is a little long and his body a tad short. A simple mistake, but not really easy to fix when I use a mouse. lol
    I'm actually not pleased with the lightning myself, and I would redo it in a heartbeat.

On Moltres and Articuno: Yes, I rather like them! I think they're my favorite part of this picture. I like the background, too, and thank you for the compliments. <3

On the houndoom and Pichu, I did not draw them. They are the work of another artist whom I was sharing the canvas with. (:

-----

On the wallpaper: Thank you very much, Gavvy! Those were the only brushes I had at the time and I used all of them except the GIMP originals of course. It's spaced kinda weird because I made this for my own personal use and have OCD about images being too busy where I keep my icons, and that is the only reason. I later decided to make the background public. It's also spaced so that the image of the model sitting down is leaning on the side of the screen, and that image is, after all, the focus of the paper. (:

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I think you did pretty well for iscribble. I especially like the elemental attacks from the birds as well as the background. The only thing I can say is you could've autocircled the grass in the background more. It looks very dotty and couldve been smoothed out a bit.
    What's your username/nickname on iscribble? Maybe we'll run into eachother sometime. we can b scene frenz

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    Wow! You did it? That was really great!
    I appreciate what you've done and I hope I can do the same too.
    I was an art lover too and I use to make lay-outs using the adobe photoshop.
    I don't have skills on free-hand drawing but I'm trying to draw too.

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    I think you did pretty well for iscribble. I especially like the elemental attacks from the birds as well as the background. The only thing I can say is you could've autocircled the grass in the background more. It looks very dotty and couldve been smoothed out a bit.​

What's your username/nickname on iscribble? Maybe we'll run into eachother sometime. we can b scene frenz
    Thank you! Yeah, I started getting lazy on the BG, but less people drew than I expected so it showed more. xD
    I've seen your iScribble work and it's godly, by the way.
    Frenz is always funz. o3o
    I'm 'electrosaur', but my typical nickame is Jaimelectric.

Wow! You did it? That was really great!
    I appreciate what you've done and I hope I can do the same too.
    I was an art lover too and I use to make lay-outs using the adobe photoshop.
    I don't have skills on free-hand drawing but I'm trying to draw too.
    Hahhaha <3
    Thanks, Marcy! Remember that if you want something bad enough, with a bit of work, you can get there. Follow your dreams. :D

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Thank you! Yeah, I started getting lazy on the BG, but less people drew than I expected so it showed more. xD
    I've seen your iScribble work and it's godly, by the way.
    Frenz is always funz. o3o
    I'm 'electrosaur', but my typical nickame is Jaimelectric.

Aw, thank you! I'm glad you like my work.
    I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

Beautiful Disaster

Is a frigin Absol fan
    Years
  • I really like this.better than i can do in iscribble xD
    My favorite part of this is Moltres and Articuno in the background and i love the way their attacks look!
    But that white houndoom,has some errors.But you didn't draw that so i won't say anything 'bout it :P

Back