• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

January Pixel Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

January Pixel Art Contest - PC Emblems

Hopefully this one won't fall flat, haha.

So anyways, I'm sure most of you are aware of the recently introduced emblems system PC has in place. Emblems can be awarded for a variety of things, and so I figured that the winners of these Pixel Art Contests should receive one in recognition of their creative abilities. I'll definitely award these retroactively to some degree.

But yeah, I'm a lazy bastard, so the contest is that you design the emblem to be used \o/

Requirements: 80x80 pixels limit (not my limit it's the emblem sizes soz), and that's about it.
    Though... If you want to create a larger piece I guess I could let it be, but it'd just have to be shrunk down to size, ruining the work. Up to you I suppose.
    Theme: Pixel art in general, but Pokémon or maybe tools of the trade could be considered as well considering that this is a Pokémon forum and you're all pixel artists.

Any discussion can go into the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread k? k.

I hope you all participate and make this contest a successful one! :)

Years
  • Well, I saw these and thought I'd go more for the "Pixel Art" angle than the "Pokemon-related thing that just happens to be sprited" angle. So I thought I'd enter this:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hygv1u.gif

Edited.

I tried out a secondary layer of shading, but it totally ruined it. I might try it again later if get around to it... assuming we can edit our entries. If not, oh well. XD *runs off*

Last edited:
    Years
  • You know how some people put their pallette in the corner of their work? It's supposed to be like that. I was considering taking it out, I'm not liking it as much as I originally thought I would :\

I dunno if this counts as "discussion", but since you asked here I assume it's ok to reply XD

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • You know how some people put their pallette in the corner of their work? It's supposed to be like that. I was considering taking it out, I'm not liking it as much as I originally thought I would :\

I dunno if this counts as "discussion", but since you asked here I assume it's ok to reply XD

Well yeah but that's only done on WIP's so people can see all the colours on the pallete.
    This way it becomes easier for people to tell what they think about the pallete so you can make changes to it.
    But it's not something you should leave on the finished piece.
    It's a 'tool', if you must.

Years
  • k, I slightly edited my entry, I think I'm pleased with it.. for now. XD

24ec1z8.gif

Well yeah but that's only done on WIP's so people can see all the colours on the pallete.
    This way it becomes easier for people to tell what they think about the pallete so you can make changes to it.
    But it's not something you should leave on the finished piece.
    It's a 'tool', if you must.

"Theme: Pixel art in general, but Pokémon or maybe tools of the trade could be considered as well considering that this is a Pokémon forum and you're all pixel artists."
    That's what I was going for :3

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I have four versions...
    Top Left: Emblem with black outline
    Bottom Left: Emblem with cordinated outlining
    Top Right: Hope Ball with black outlining
    Bottom Right: Hope Ball with cordinated outlining

obviously only one could win, so i'll let the judge take their pick ^_^

Hope you like them!

hope_emblem.png