• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japannese/english comics?

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I do not currently own any manga, yet I looked through for a place to find some, none of my bookstores had any, when I found a page that listed american and japaneese pages with their counterparts... I am simply shocked at such, "Back breaking" changes *cough, cough* I wish they didn't change it, here's where I saw the pages.

https://ethereal3k.netfirms.com/pokemanga.html

I like the japaneese misty better. :badsmile:

Last edited:

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Shineyelectrode said:
    I do not currently own any manga, yet I looked through for a place to find some, none of my bookstores had any, when I found a page that listed american and japaneese pages with their counterparts... I am simply shocked at such, "Back breaking" changes *cough, cough* I wish they didn't change it, here's where I saw the pages.

https://ethereal3k.netfirms.com/pokemanga.html

I like the japaneese misty better. :badsmile:

I agree. That manga (Dengeki Pikacu) was changed quite a bit. Mind u, the artist is a hentai artist (Pokemon is apparently his only non-hentai work). There were sum changes that didn't need 2 b there, BUT sum stuff that just went over the edge (you've seen Kasumi's battle costume....do u really think Viz wouldn't edit that out? even tokyopop would've)

ポケSTAR-Zero

The biggest Jasmine Fan
    Years
    Kenta-kun said:
    I agree. That manga (Dengeki Pikacu) was changed quite a bit. Mind u, the artist is a hentai artist (Pokemon is apparently his only non-hentai work). There were sum changes that didn't need 2 b there, BUT sum stuff that just went over the edge (you've seen Kasumi's battle costume....do u really think Viz wouldn't edit that out? even tokyopop would've)

Toshihiro Ono is a Hentai Artist?!I can't belive it.Which Hentai did he draw?

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    Mew89 said:
    Toshihiro Ono is a Hentai Artist?!I can't belive it.Which Hentai did he draw?

No, no. There is a difference between partial nudity and hentai. For one, there's no full-frontal nudity in Ono's series, but there are... er... as you can see, a few rear shots. n.n()

Tweak

No, no. There is a difference between partial nudity and hentai. For one, there's no full-frontal nudity in Ono's series, but there are... er... as you can see, a few rear shots. n.n()

barely covered by the flying towel, as misty runs away from brock, ash, and mike... :laugh:

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Ono is an actual Hentai artist, though. This was his only non-hentai work (at the time). I don't think Viz could have put out an unedited version, even if they'd wanted to. Let's face it, little kids make up the majority of the Pok?mon fans. Ratings on a book cover mean nothing to them, they'd buy it anyways...& then Viz would get in trouble by the kids' parents for publishing it. there were some unnescessary changes, of course

Tweak

Ono is an actual Hentai artist, though. This was his only non-hentai work (at the time). I don't think Viz could have put out an unedited version, even if they'd wanted to. Let's face it, little kids make up the majority of the Pok?mon fans. Ratings on a book cover mean nothing to them, they'd buy it anyways...& then Viz would get in trouble by the kids' parents for publishing it. there were some unnescessary changes, of course

ohh jeeez...i wonder why he decided to draw pokemon them. o_O;;; that's awkward...
    i think that...girl-style? pokemon manga with the main character as a girl n pokespecial are geared more towards kids. ono's work...more teenagers?? but i don't kno the case in japan =-=;; maybe kids read everything there.

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    ohh jeeez...i wonder why he decided to draw pokemon them. o_O;;; that's awkward...
    i think that...girl-style? pokemon manga with the main character as a girl n pokespecial are geared more towards kids. ono's work...more teenagers?? but i don't kno the case in japan =-=;; maybe kids read everything there.

Y'mean Pipipi and Chamo Chamo Pretty? I think that's for little girls and teenaged girls too... Otherwise I just have more childish taste. x.x()

Iv never read any of Ono's other stuff, so I'm not sure what else he's done. x.x()

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    orange*berry said:
    Y'mean Pipipi and Chamo Chamo Pretty? I think that's for little girls and teenaged girls too... Otherwise I just have more childish taste. x.x()

Iv never read any of Ono's other stuff, so I'm not sure what else he's done. x.x()
    My younger brother likes to read my comic books of "Magical Pokemon Journeys/Pipipi" over and over again ^_^;;

Back