• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Katie's Map Gallery (Last Update 19/06/17)

Years
Well, I create this gallery with the objective of improving my skills with mapping. I will try to update this regularly, or at least i will try it.

There are three of my last maps.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

First one made in a GBA ROM, but the last two with RPG Maker XP.

Hope you like it!

Last edited:
Years
On one hand, the two lower maps are super frantic in all their colors and tree types, and all the small mountains. But on the other hand, I personally love stuff like that, even if I know it's a bit hard to read. At the very least, you wouldn't have the fall leaves while still having spring pink leaves for some trees, so you should probably pick one or the other. : ) I do really love magiscarf's tileset!

Years
That was very cool, are you working on pokemon rom hack?

I was, but i had an idea which in ROM Hacking would be so complicated to execute, and it will be limitated a lot at the end. Finally, I decided to transfer my project to rpg maker using Pokémon Essentials. Now i'm still learning how to use it. Anyways, i do not discard a rom hack in the future :)

On one hand, the two lower maps are super frantic in all their colors and tree types, and all the small mountains. But on the other hand, I personally love stuff like that, even if I know it's a bit hard to read. At the very least, you wouldn't have the fall leaves while still having spring pink leaves for some trees, so you should probably pick one or the other. : ) I do really love magiscarf's tileset!

Yeah, you're completely right about this. I should have changed the palettes of the big trees too, but finally i didn't. Maybe I will post a revision of this map, because at the end i finished it before time because i was hurry. I love magiscarf's tileset too, because it has a lot of colours and sizes of trees, and it are beautiful too which allows you to make a really variated and irregular maps. Awesome tiles for RPG Maker if one uses it correctly.

Ty for your comments :)

Years
I update the gallery with a new map.

Spoiler:

I wait your feedback :)

Years
Awwwww, I think this little forest is so sweet!! They're just something so candy looking about those smaller trees in that style. I very much like your overall pathing and shape of the landscape. However, overall you have too many "misc" things in your map. Try not to fill every tile up, give it some room to breath, as well as letting the objects you do place shine! From a technical aspect I would assume those mushrooms are solid objects, so there's no actual way to get to the left and right side!

In addition to that, with my personal opinion, try and not put everything, everywhere when it comes to the smaller decorations. Such as, you can have a more frequent occurrence of rocks near the cave, have more frequent mushrooms near deeper forest to the left, if that makes sense. So when you're walking around you could say "on this map around the area with flowers/rocks" you could distinquish each area of the map in your mind.

Years
New map, not the best I have done but it's ok, it has been some weeks without mapping. Here it is:

Spoiler:

Credits to Magiscarf for the tiles.

See ya!

Last edited:
Years
I update the gallery with a new map done with RPG Maker XP.

Spoiler:

Credits to Erma96, ChaoticCherryCake, LTSeraa, Phyromatical, WesleyFG, Zeo, Magiscarf and CrazyCliddle for the tiles.

See ya! Miau revoir~.

Years
I still really love your map styles! They're the nice organic style that I love, and you're getting really good at blending all the different assets together!

Years
New map!

Spoiler:

Credits to Kal!ser, Magiscarf, Alucus, FM~, ChaoticCherryCake and Alastair for the tiles.

See ya! Miau revoir~.

Back