• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keizaal's Sprite Gallery

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
  • OU6wgCL.gif

because fancy titles aren't needed

I started spriting when I was 11, I was awful, to put it bluntly. But I loved it. I used to sprite all the time, from fusions to recolours to...well. I think I purposely blocked the rest out of my mind. But I did get better throughout the year. A lot better, considering my first sprite was a messy, jumbled up fusion of all the Grass Starters...saved as JPEG. After a long 2 year-ish absence from Spriting from Grade 8-9, my skills started to get rusty. I am in Grade 10 now, and I finally decided to take up Pixel Art again.

To get my rusty spriting skills running again, I started with something simple. Pixel Overs. It's one style of spriting I enjoy doing the most. I decided to shrink down and pixel Dream World Artwork, because I had never seen anybody else do it before. (But I'm sure someone has)

EJE60sb.gif
    vuICLMp.gif
    77Z3DzX.gif

qn6v13y.gif

After pixeling everything, including the art's shading, I tweak it with more shading (Because DW Art doesn't have much shading), highlights, and black/coloured outlines to make it look like a real sprite.

They're not supposed to the size of the official sprites

I know it isn't much so far, but I'm making more as I'm typing this. How did I do? Should I continue spriting? Should I try something new?
    C+C is always appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Continue! I love these! Can I request Honchkrow, Arbok, and Bisharp?

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Small Update: A Mega Mewtwo that I did a week ago or so.
    GL9siWc.gif

There's one part of head-tail thing that really bothers me, by his left, our right, leg. I just couldn't seem to get it right... I may resize/redo it so it fits within 96x96. Or 80x80. Or 64x64.
    r36pXpB.gif
    lEVFsZF.gif

An evolution line for the PC Community Fakedex. Pokemon's design does not belong to me.

I may start getting into scratching, but I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I think the issue in Mega Mewtwo's tail is the shading, if you're talking about where I'm thinking. Try making it less linear.

And that fan sprite isn't a scratch? What is it, a pixel-over?

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • Small Update: A Mega Mewtwo that I did a week ago or so.
    GL9siWc.gif

There's one part of head-tail thing that really bothers me, by his left, our right, leg. I just couldn't seem to get it right... I may resize/redo it so it fits within 96x96. Or 80x80. Or 64x64.
    r36pXpB.gif
    lEVFsZF.gif

An evolution line for the PC Community Fakedex. Pokemon's design does not belong to me.

I may start getting into scratching, but I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

Can you resize the mega mewtwo into 64x64? ^^

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • I think the issue in Mega Mewtwo's tail is the shading, if you're talking about where I'm thinking. Try making it less linear.
    I was actually talking about the lines ^^' Right by his left leg, the outline is kinda weird and I couldn't find a way to fix it. Ah well.

And that fan sprite isn't a scratch? What is it, a pixel-over?
    All the pixels so far in the gallery are pixel overs. I haven't really tried scatching but I felt this was a good way to get me warmed up. ^^

Can you resize the mega mewtwo into 64x64?
    I'm assuming this is for a fan game then? I'll definitely try! Just make sure to credit me if you use it. c:

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Ooooh. I thought you were talking about his head-tail thing where you go from the dark purple to the lighter one. Trying using some less black maybe?

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Haven't gotten to the resizing the Mewtwo yet, unfortunately. It's really tricky, considering how large the Mega Mewtwo sprite already is. I wouldn't want to re-do the entire PO to fit the size...

Just a minor update. A contest entry for a sprite contest on Serebii. This weeks theme was to 'fossilize' a Pokemon. I heavily edited Meowth.
    TP0aP0q.gif
    4qal0py.gif

lol what is anatomy
    I probably went a bit overboard. It was tricky, since Meowth's sprite is so small, it's hard to fit in all that detail. I didn't know how to do the feet please forgive me Q-Q

Since it is a contest entry, you can still give crit, but I will not be accepting it nor will I change the sprite.

Also, since I didn't want to update with just one sprite, here is a WIP of what I'm currently working on.
    s2hDBFx.png

of course now that I post it I can see everything wrong with it
    WIP for the PC Community Fakedex. Original Art can be found there.
    I have absolutely no clue how to shade rocks, unfortunately. :P

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Is that your first scratch? I've seen loads worse. For rock shading try looking at the Roggenrolla or Geodude line for examples. That should help some.

Also, about you "lol what is anatomy comment" ... I know you're not going to correct it, but if you ever do something like that again, remember that Pokemon would have joints.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • *sigh* I'm too chicken to try scratching. Yes another pixel over. I have to keep a mental note to stop doing that.
    Also, about you "lol what is anatomy comment" ... I know you're not going to correct it, but if you ever do something like that again, remember that Pokemon would have joints.

And this, my friends, is why I shouldn't sprite at 2AM >~<

Back