• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Let's Fix Shadow Pokémon in Essentials!

Boxply

Decently Experienced Ruby Coder
Years
    • He
    • Seen Aug 27, 2021
    Could i get some examples of pokemon shadow moves for moves.txt in v19?

Years
    • Seen today
    You can still use shadow pokemon moves the list from the essentials doc wiki, you just need to change part 11 of the line so it works with v19. E.g. "00" changes to "NearOther".

https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_Pokémon

I really want to use shadow pokemon in my game so this thread is super useful! I am having an issue at the moment and can't find the solution anywhere. I'm using the latest version of EBDX on v19 and the "run" button is doing the "call" function in battles like it should for shadow pokemon but it's still showing the text "run". Any idea how I fix this?

Saphireflame

Saphireflame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Hi, I'm also making a Colosseum game in Pokemon Essentials. I have a few questions that need answered, I wasn't able to figure them out on my own.

1. Shadow Pokemon effectiveness
    All my shadow pokemon seem to only have the shadow type. It displays their normal types, but if they are hit with super effective or not very effective attacks, it's always normal effective (unless they're being hit by a shadow type move).

2. Snagging a Shadow Pokemon in a Double Battle
    I can only snag a pokemon depending on how it is situated against the pokemon I'm throwing the ball, and I can't find the code where it makes that work that way, I also don't know how to change it.

3. Shadow Pokemon having regular moves
    Enemy shadow pokemon are using moves like charge beam and feint attack in addition to their shadow moves, but they shouldn't have those moves.

This is all I can think about right now. Can you guys help me fix these?

Years
  • 3. Shadow Pokemon having regular moves
    Enemy shadow pokemon are using moves like charge beam and feint attack in addition to their shadow moves, but they shouldn't have those moves.

Idk about Colosseum but in XD: Gale of Darkness, enemy Shadow Pokemon absolutely could use whatever non-shadow moves were in their moveset. If you don't want them to use non-shadow moves, you can either give that Pokemon a full set of shadow moves, or only have it know 2-3 moves depending on how many shadow moves the Pokemon has.

Back