• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia Gets a Job

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    Well, I've drawn a lot of rubbish over the years but this one definitely takes some of the cake. It's been gaining dust in my old art folder archives on my laptop so I guess I thought I'd finally take it out and share it with the rest of you.

Whatever you think of it, I hope you enjoy it, regardless how messed up it is.

Lugia Gets a Job

Years
    I'm no art critic (and nor do I pretend to be one), but I think that this art is fairly good. So many people fail to draw Mewtwo properly, but this looks very impressive. Mew looks a little weird in the first, third and fourth panels, but otherwise it looks fine. The deadpan look on Lugia could perhaps have been conveyed a little better, but given its facial structure I think you've done fairly well. As for the comic aspects, the lead up to the punchline is a little stale (though I'll concede that this was probably done in the small amount of time in which SPARTAAAA was funny xD), and the punchline itself is somewhat predictable. You've captured the beats in panels six and seven perfectly though. xD

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Haha.
    The last strip.
    The menu at mon donalds? PERFECT.
    Lol

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Lolz, this is pretty funny. But, in good ol' SL style, I shall critique the artwork.

Firstly, Mew's head looks incredibly flat in the third panel. And its face seems to be slimmer than it should be. In the first panel that contained Lugia, you placed the pattern on its stomach much too high up.

Other than that, I can't spot any mistakes (judging by your drawing style, of course), besides that fact that Lugia is waaaaay too small.

May I ask, what do you use to scan your images?

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    May I ask, what do you use to scan your images?

Of course! An Epson scanner, albeit a rather ancient and rubbish one. I did this a few years ago so I can't exactly remember but I think it was originally a JPEG file, thus the rather glitchy quality. I never did clean it up, very sketchy.

this is great can you make more?

Well, I am a procrastinator at heart... But sure, I'll give it a go and try and make some more. (Can't believe you guys actually like it so much...) I do actually have another Pokemon comic up my sleeve already but I'm not sure whether to post it due to the fact it was originally done as a slight in-joke that I'll have to explain.

Thanks for all the comments and critiques everyone! I really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    I like it! Thanks for sharing it here. I would appreciate it more if you can put a show out of that. I know kids will really love it.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Lol, that's a really funny cartoon. I like your drawing style in the cartoon as well.

Back