• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mr. Croconaw's Art Gallery

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
Years
  • Hey, I'm Mr. Croconaw, that kid who cares enough to type with correct grammar to make things easier to read for other people. Although; my wording might be a bit confusing. ^^;

So my Art Gallery, I'll be posting the drawings that I like most, here; as well as WIP's. I mostly draw Pokemon and such. Criticism is welcomed, of course; as I want to get better. :D

My deviantART account: http://awesomesaucejayare.deviantart.com/

Drawings I really like

Lampent: http://awesomesaucejayare.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3j6sr8
    Spoiler:

John Egbert (from Homestuck): http://awesomesaucejayare.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3nj21r
    Spoiler:

Poochyena (Collab with a good friend, i did lineart; she colored): http://miss-mccookies.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d421w5r
    Spoiler:

WORKS IN PROGRESS/SCRAPS
    none available

Most of my poop art can be found on my deviantART page; close to the top of this post. I will be editing this post quite often, so be sure to drop by to see what's new!

interesting info:
    - Yes, I use a graphics tablet. Bamboo Pen.
    - I normally work on a 2000x2000 canvas; but I have taken the privilege of downsizing the images to be friendly to the forum. :D
    - I start on paper, scan, then use a program to digitalize the work.
    - I use PaintToolSAI.

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • Hey there, first off I want to say you have a really nice style developing, and i really like the shading you used on some of the ones in your gallery (the charizard, for example, that one's especially nice~)
    Also, High five for Sai. I do love Sai :'D
    Obviously (I'm sure you know) the proportions on your human figures need some work, but like you say, you mostly draw pokemon, but if you do want to draw humans seriously in the future try some tutorials or do observational drawings to help you out :')

The lampent is good, I like the use of texture and kind of desaturated colours, making me think of ghosts, which is good. I would say, even though you stylize, really looking at the form of things, even pokemon, will help your art. Sometimes I see things that looks a little out of whack, like the Lampent, the far arm and close arm look like totally different shapes, even though they should be the same (I know they're at different angles or whatever but I hope you can see what I mean, they look like the arms wouldn't match.) Also it's head thing, the spike on top is central to the rest of it's body but it's not central to that disk it's on, so it looks a little odd, little things like that.
    Obviously observational drawings of pokemon are harder, since they don't exist but maybe load up an episode with the pokemon you want to draw in it, so you can look at how it moves and the like and sketch those things to build up a better mental image library of that pokemon.

But yes, they're fun to look at and I wish you all the best! :')

Last edited:

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
    Years
  • Hey there, first off I want to say you have a really nice style developing, and i really like the shading you used on some of the ones in your gallery (the charizard, for example, that one's especially nice~)
    Also, High five for Sai. I do love Sai :'D
    Obviously (I'm sure you know) the proportions on your human figures need some work, but like you say, you mostly draw pokemon, but if you do want to draw humans seriously in the future try some tutorials or do observational drawings to help you out :')

The lampent is good, I like the use of texture and kind of desaturated colours, making me think of ghosts, which is good. I would say, even though you stylize, really looking at the form of things, even pokemon, will help your art. Sometimes I see things that looks a little out of whack, like the Lampent, the far arm and close arm look like totally different shapes, even though they should be the same (I know they're at different angles or whatever but I hope you can see what I mean, they look like the arms wouldn't match.) Also it's head thing, the spike on top is central to the rest of it's body but it's not central to that disk it's on, so it looks a little odd, little things like that.
    Obviously observational drawings of pokemon are harder, since they don't exist but maybe load up an episode with the pokemon you want to draw in it, so you can look at how it moves and the like and sketch those things to build up a better mental image library of that pokemon.

But yes, they're fun to look at and I wish you all the best! :')

SAI is the bomb, yes? C:

And thanks for the advice; I do know that my humans need work. XD I'll be probably looking up tutorials like you said, though.

And thanks for the advice on the Lampent as well; I'll be sure to try to be more consistent, lol. I see what you mean, and I can't help but agree. :) Thanks for pointing those kinds of things out. And thanks for the advice of looking for an episode with the Pokemon in it. I'll definitely try that out.

Thanks for the wishes, and stuff. :D I'll be sure to take all your advice into consideration the next time I draw stuff like that, thanks for the help! ;)

Back