• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Musesum's Fakes & Other Sprites

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I got back into spriting again :D If I ever find the patience I might use these in a fan game, but that's very unlikely. These are all scratch, though some may have colors from existing sprites.

Fakes:
    Spoiler:

Reposes:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Hmm, your sprites are good for someone just getting back (and much better than anything I can do).
    I'm just concerned about the outlines of some of them--they just appear rough at times. I don't really know how to describe it. Just take Aquana's or Blaid's heads for example. They feel a little sharp, and while that may be exactly how they're designed, the dark outline accentuates it too much. Also, the shading is mostly really good, but it could use some dithering in places; namely on Pyne's grass and Aquana.
    Blaid's overall appearance is choppy in my opinion, and it looks like your least worked-on sprite. The brighter green contrasts too much with the rest of the sprite. You could either use a slightly darker color or apply a little dithering between colors.
    That's all I've got for you, I tried to be more helpful than just saying "Great sprites man!"

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Thank you, and I appreciate that you didn't just say "Great sprites man!" I see what you're saying about the sharp outlines. I've also been bothered by some other outlines that look weird like the antennae on Pilleg and Armoll, and I don't know what to do about that. And I do agree Blaid isn't one of my better sprites, and in fact it was a very old one that had some work done to it (for example it used to be blue) and I think it looks too much like Scyther. I may end up scrapping that design altogether and starting from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Barrow and Vipyr have got to be my favorites :>
    Barrow is perfect, you did great on him, same with pilleg.
    Blaid seems very edgy, and his eyes seem lifeless without any visable light in them.

Other wise they're all very good, can't wait to see more. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Thanks, Meegz0, glad you like them :) And yeah, I'll redo Blaid when I get around to it (haha, I'm so lazy :P) I've updated the first post and added these guys:

mishreek.png
    draceon.png

That's the best I could think of for a dragon eeveelution. Also I've made some changes to others like Pyne and Aquana. I made some palette changes and used black in the outlines this time like in actual sprites.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    pretty good but need a little bit better in shading.

The shading of the head of Aquana seems off somehow. Pyne and Vypyr were great though.

The Amroll's head seemed too flat, while Pilleg was great. The stle of shading for Amroll is great.

Dragon eevee has good dark shading, but lacks brightness where it is needed.

Back