• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Sprites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    My First Sprites!
    My First Sprites!
    These are the first sprites I have ever made. Criticism is welcome, just keep in mind that I am a beginner. ;)
    My First Sprites!

From top to bottom:
    Column 1:------------- Column 2:
    Vikeon------------------ Light Manaphy
    Groukia----------------- Dark Manaphy
    Scarchomp-----------------------------
    Light Farfetch'd------------------------
    Dark Farfetch'd------------------------
    Darcaemin-----------------------------
    Magoxyes------------------------------

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    these are really good I especially like the groudon palkia sprite!

Um...first off hildetorr, explain why they are good, or why you like groudon/palkia.

...Secondly, (this is for cheeseboy) they are not that good, but for these reasons:

1. Save them individually, not all on one giant sprite sheet.
    2. The (Lack of) outlining makes these look VERY choppy and unprofessional.
    3. Your coloration and shading makes no sense in some parts.
    4. All sprites are supposed to be looking to the left with their eyes.

Vaporeon/glacion: There are a couple of stray white pixels up by (his) right ear. Those need to be colored in. There is also the obvious lack of outlining on the tail, which results in a blur of colors and it makes the tail look to thin. Otherwise, the coloration is good, and the shading is not too bad, it's just a bit to the north of the sprite, when it should be a bit more north west.

Garchomp/scizor/skarmony: Ow! Too much of the same red tone here. You need to add more shading to the abdomin and the chest. The fins are not too bad with shading, but remember that shading needs to be in the upper left of the sprite. I'm thinking with this one that you just might have overdone it. Remember, simple is sometimes better.

farfetch'd/chimeco: this is your best one. the coloration is great, the shading is done good, except for the sphere and bottom of his staff. i give this one a eight out of ten.

farfetch'd/murkrow: again, there is a return of the white pixels on his chest. fill those in. then flip him around, and recordinate the shading on the reaper, and fix some of the outlining on the sickle. otherwise, this would be a good one too. i like these two though, like i said, simple is sometimes better.

your last two have the same problems:

they have a lack of shading in most areas. There is no outlining to distinguish body parts and color changes. The colors mix funny on magmar, and shaymin is just too dark. the blue oval also looks bad on magmar. in general, there is too much going on with these two, and theyre just eyesoars.

You have good talent, i can see it in the farfetch'ds. You just need to concentrate on starting simple. Do some basic recolors first, before jumping into fusions. After that do some revamps. These two techniques will teach you the ins and outs of coloration (how good colors look on certain sprites) and shading. Don't get discouraged though, there is only one way to get better, and that is to take the critisim positively, and of course, to...

Keep Spriting!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    Can you tell me how you did this? (I am new to spriting, good with re-coloring sprites!)

Years
    Can you tell me how you did this? (I am new to spriting, good with re-coloring sprites!)

The last post was in 2009, please check the date of when the last post was posted in. v..v; You can't bump a thread over a month old. I'm going to need to lock this. If you want some help on pixel art/sprite art, this thread could be helpful to you: Click me!

~Leafblade Lock

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back