• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first sprites

Thwultimatety249

Apprentice Hacker
Years
i took a crack at it and made these but are not very good. I tried. Give me feedback on them please so i can improve on them

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Shouldn't you have 4 examples to make a thread? :)

You should add more if you don't want your thread to be moved... :)

Here's some criticism you need some improvement s in your sprites especially the back sprite it looks rather simple... :)

Years
These are clearly your first attempts, and you've fallen into a lot of the traps that new spriters struggle with. Don't worry, we've all been there! Try reading this tutorial thread which goes through some of the basics like shading and colours and then have another go, and we can give you some better feedback on what you need to work on. :)

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Your first sprites are like my first attempts at making fakemon. Don't lose hope, bro. You can be as great as Ryan with a little practice and a hardcore montage.

Thwultimatety249

Apprentice Hacker
Years
Thank you i will look at that striting tutorial to get better
Edit: Here's a sprite the name for it is Stronclops

Last edited:

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Compared to your original sprites, that's a big improvement. However, it does still have quite a ways to go. The shading on the head is a little awkward, and the head itself seems kinda empty with just that single tiny eye. Maybe that's the effect you were looking for, I don't know, but the shading on it is a must.

Years
The head still looks flat regardless of the shading attempt. Here is a simple and informative image quickly searched through google when shading spheres or sphericaliceobjects:

sphere-demo.jpg

The eye is lacking some dimension as well, so perhaps add very few shading just below it.

Another big problem is that you shouldn't be using official Pokemon sprite parts and pull it off as a scratch sprite. Use it more as a reference. I can see that you've used Registeel's hands, and I understand that you're a new pixel artist, but just letting you know.

Back