• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MY new graphics

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    HEY yall im new to graphic makeing
    and i made all of these for pokemon profile pic for a month of Facebook
    so i figured i would get some expert imput on them lol tell me what you think
    and remember i just started doing these

Spoiler:

i like these also and im gonna start makeing the pokemon more noticeable
    Spoiler:

but i really like this desing alot more
    Spoiler:

Eeveelutions
    Spoiler:

Moveing pics
    Spoiler:

Fusion sprites & glowing
    Spoiler:

i know togipi is AWful IT WAS MY 1ST THEN Pikachu then umbereon then the 3 pokes

Happy holidays
    Spoiler:

so post which design you like better 2 plz

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    This is great, but most of the bgs are just little swirls of that pokemon. Change that, then add more I liked your shaymin concept. You should replace the shaymin image with a shaymin sprite. Keep the shaymin image in the background, with a low opacity level.

For the bg, add more C4D's, maybe emitting from the sprite. In the bg, use a bunch of brushes, preferrably the same one with different colors, like green, lite green, etc and so forth. Form these brushes in a pattern, and you're good.

Good job :D.

parkwater

Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    ok that is a new little thing a made what do u think for a 1st time try

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    Hey, though your graphics aren't that difficult, they just look cool. =)

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Maybe it's just because I suck at reading but it seemed like the .GIF ones went way to fast. Especially the one with Bulbasaur going to Venasaur.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • First things first: always save your art as .png if you plan to use it on the internet. It stops that awful pixelation and general low quality. Another important point before I talk about individual tags is always to use high quality stocks. If you are using sprites, as you have been in most of the tags, make sure you get them from an official site like PE2K instead of just Google searching, because it ensures you get the highest quality and not an image that someone took from that site, reuploaded somewhere else in a bad file extension.

I can see that you are still fairly new to the graphics scene, and if you are serious about progressing with your art, I'd recommend looking up some tutorials, especially for effects. Learning to use C4Ds, brushes, and textures in more depth can not only give you more control over the effects you use, but generally they look more impressive than the default brushes on Photoshop/GIMP whatever you are using. If you have trouble finding some tutorials, feel free to VM me and I'd be happy to help you out.

Finally, as another little point thing, try not to do effects and colour over the focal (main point like the Pokemon). That Empoleon tag is probably your best, however the main thing bringing it down is the fact that Empoleon is a bit blurry and has obviously been completely covered by effects or brushing or something.

Hope those little tips helped, you are on the right track with your graphics. Remember, seriously VM me if you want some more help. :D

parkwater

Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    well i use pokemon2000elite or something likethat for the sprites
    and for the 1st set i used some other poke forum site
    and
    i tried to get c4d's but they always make me have to download some werid search thing to unzip them or something like that
    but iver only been doing this for 1week 3days

Back