• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Vectors and images

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Hey all... I've been working on drawing in Inkscape for the last little while. (Mainly Pichu), and I was wondering if I could get some of you to critique my drawings.

Spoiler:

All criticism is welcome, I still need to improve... I know that, but I can't see any real way to do that without input.

Thanks. :)

Edit: Over 100 views and not a single comment... Are they really that bad? :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • I guess I'll give you a comment. ^..^
    Okay, I see you like Pichu. XD Anyway, there's some things you might want to improve to make your vector art look more like Pichu.

Now, let's see a Pichu image.
    pichu4.gif
    That's a great examples, because the style of how it was drawn is close to your style of work. Now, see how the ears are not as pointy and sharp looking like yours? You might wanna make the ears have a bit of a curve outline next time.

The arms on your work are close to the original image, but you made them a little less skinnier than they're suppose to be. =x In the original vector art, the arms are a bit shorter and a bit chubbier. It's prettier close, though.

Wow, I think the head size is a bit too big. =x With that, it also makes the ears look a bit bigger as well. ^..^;; Just watch out for that, I use to draw Pokemon with over-sized heads, too. XDD Hmm, the pattern around the neck isn't too much of a big deal, but you don't want the points on the ends of the pattern to look sharp and pointy all the time.

In the "Falling Pichu" picture, the size of the body looked better than the others. You might want to avoid making Pichu tall or have a larger body. ^..^; He's a baby mouse, you know? =]

I think that's all I have for ya, good luck with the rest of your work!

Years
  • It's kind of hard to critique this because I have to scroll in order to see the whole picture. Can you scale them down a little bit?

Otherwise, you have a very good sense of using simplicity to your advantage. I think you are one of the more talented people I have seen on this board.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I guess I'll give you a comment. ^..^
    Okay, I see you like Pichu. XD Anyway, there's some things you might want to improve to make your vector art look more like Pichu.

Well, I wasn't sure if it would get a comment, so thanks for responding. :D
    And yes, I do like Pichu. :p

That's a great examples, because the style of how it was drawn is close to your style of work. Now, see how the ears are not as pointy and sharp looking like yours? You might wanna make the ears have a bit of a curve outline next time.

The arms on your work are close to the original image, but you made them a little less skinnier than they're suppose to be. =x In the original vector art, the arms are a bit shorter and a bit chubbier. It's prettier close, though.

Wow, I think the head size is a bit too big. =x With that, it also makes the ears look a bit bigger as well. ^..^;; Just watch out for that, I use to draw Pokemon with over-sized heads, too. XDD Hmm, the pattern around the neck isn't too much of a big deal, but you don't want the points on the ends of the pattern to look sharp and pointy all the time.

In the "Falling Pichu" picture, the size of the body looked better than the others. You might want to avoid making Pichu tall or have a larger body. ^..^; He's a baby mouse, you know? =]

I think that's all I have for ya, good luck with the rest of your work!
    Alright, I will keep this all in mind. :)

Actually, I never really noticed the width of the arms to be honest. Thanks for the notes. I'll try to draw another with what you've mentioned and post it here sometime in the future. (I'm currently having fun drawing Dawn. Not all that great at drawing the figure. :s)

I guess I tend to make things a bit too sharp at times? I'll see what I can do about that as well.

It's kind of hard to critique this because I have to scroll in order to see the whole picture. Can you scale them down a little bit?

Otherwise, you have a very good sense of using simplicity to your advantage. I think you are one of the more talented people I have seen on this board.

Alright... Here you go. Is this better? :)

And thanks. :o

Spoiler:

Years
  • Yes, much better.

A couple of questions:
    1) In the Falling Pichu picture, why is there a thick outline between his body and his arms? It's not there in the other pictures.
    2) The ears bleed into each other. I'm trying to think of ways to show the separation between the two enormous, black ears. Any ideas? :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Well, about the "Falling Pichu" pic, I intended to make it look like the arms were stretched farther backward, but I guess the right arm (Left side for you) should probably be a layer up. The other arm, I think would look weird if it didn't. What do you think? :\

As for the ears, I had that dilemma when making the pic to begin with, I originally tried to have a bit of sheen at the edge, but it just looked odd. Also, an outline was another possibility that didn't work well. I might be able to do it with shading as I haven't tried that yet.

Back