• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My recolors, and scratch sprites when I get brave enough

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    the topic title basically means that I'm no good at making sprites from scratch XD

anyway, I have a few recolors I'd like to post these are just some recolors I did of various D/P sprites I found on the web. good to get a good laugh out of.

<_< just don't be too hard with the criticism, I only started spriting/recoloring yesterday...

EDIT: took away all of the other sprites and replaced them with others.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Out of curiosity, just where did you get the original sprites from? It seems to me that you've mistakenly taken the work of others and edited it, something that isn't permitted.

Basically, you can only use the sprites shown in the attachment.

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    ah, excuse me for that. I remember getting the first one from that sheet, and then the rest of them were sent to me by my friend over AIM. out of curiosity, where did they come from?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, I thought that would be true. The sheet is that of DP trainer sprites, of which I picked up over at http://www.spriters-resource.com Now, you should remove the other sprites straight away and replace them with at least 3 piece of your own work. Thanks.

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    ok, removed those illegal sprites. =X oops. lol.

heres a few more I've worked on.

and yeah, the Empoleon looks a lot like KageX's sprite, but trust me, it's not. I did like the idea of a black and red Empoleon though so I decided to try my hand at it >_> also, I know that Swampert is ugly lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    k good, now that everything is sorted, I think you need to invest further thought into your choice of colours. Try taking colours from other sprites until you get a feel for them, since at the moment they really don't work.

Back