• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My trainer sprite

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
My sprites

Here are the sprites I have made for my hack...if it ever becomes one. I don't have a grass starter yet, I am working on it but not really liking it.
The first one is the fire starter Flamepup (not definite on the name..any suggestions?) The second one is the water starter Evapony. And the last one is the pre evo to Lapras, Lapri.

Any comments or suggestions?

Last edited:

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Well I completely changed the other sprite..lol...looks way better :p but I am having a hell of a time indexing it and putting it into my rom...
Comments or any idea how I get my sprite into my rom? lol....tried like five different tutorials and crap...

Years
Well I'm certainly not an expert on spriting but even for a hack your sprites seem to be a tad on the small side.

For example, an average basic pokemon would be about the size of a bagon in fire red and leaf green.
Spr_3r_371.png

I also think the shading on your Evapony looks a little flat around the head and neck area. I really like your lapras pre-evo, it's really cute. As for a name, how about Firoar?

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Hmm...alright. I will look into working on Evapony. Thanks for the advice and I like the name :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Well I completely changed the other sprite..lol...looks way better :p but I am having a hell of a time indexing it and putting it into my rom...
Comments or any idea how I get my sprite into my rom? lol....tried like five different tutorials and crap...

Also adding with what Dragonqueen0210 said For the trainer sprite, one of her arms aren't completely made and it looks like a limb rather than an actual arm.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013

Also adding with what Dragonqueen0210 said For the trainer sprite, one of her arms aren't completely made and it looks like a limb rather than an actual arm.

:t354:TG

is very right xD

The 3rd starter guy looks very lapras, is it meant to be a pre-evo of lapras? if so you did a nice job, otherwise you might want to change some aspect of it ;P

Years
They all don't look completely scratch given that you used parts of official Pokemon, but you seem to be using a lot of black outline, especially on the head of the first sprite.

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
More sprites

Wow thanks for the comments. I know the trainer sprite is messed up, I am getting rid of her. As for Lapri it is a pre evo but not a starter. I know they are not completely from scratch, I tried that and it looks crappy so I did use other Pokemon for bases, I am getting better at doing my own but we will see.. Anyways I made two more sprites, the first is the grass starter and the second is the evolution to my water starter..it's a little plain I am still working on it. Again suggestions are helpful! ( I am new to this so be kind please :) )

Back