• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Myamo's tiles.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Hi guys,

I wanted to present you my tileset(s), so they don't rot on my harddrive.

I made these, because I was simply bored and a Pokemon project I am working on
    wants custom tiles. We don't know if we will use these though.
    This is my first pixel artwork/artwork in general and I am a very bad artist.

The style is a mix of 3rd gen games style and a bit of my own.
    The design is taken from D/P/P and some HG/SS stuff (like the mart). I will make own designs later.

These are still WIP. I am going to change two of those wooden houses.
    As you can see, they include only city tiles so far. I am going to make interiors and landscape stuff as I get more experienced.

You can leave comments of any sort.

And now the tileset.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I must say that some of them looks really good. But some are really poorly shaded like TV station. The concepts are pretty good but work on your shading skills. If you'll work on this i think that you can become really great tiles maker.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    you do have the potential but like griin has said the shading needs work itseems to be absent in a lot of places, just keep working at it and you could be really good

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Added some more shading.

Spoiler:

In which specific places should I look more into shading?

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Added some more shading.

Spoiler:

In which specific places should I look more into shading?

there starting to look amazing now but id still work on the shading a little bit so some ares stand out a bit and some look like they are in grooved but keep at it there starting to look pretty damn good now

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I've added some more tiles to my old tileset and redone some shading.

Spoiler:

Also started work on a Kanto tileset, based on HG/SS.

Spoiler:

Please comment.

Back