• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Neo's Pokémon Avatar pack

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
    Years
    Hey everyone, i'm currently working on a Pokémon avatar pack which i want to include around 25-30 different avatars, i'll update this thread when i've finished new additions, and i'm looking for suggestions you guys have for Pokémon to include.

Heres what i have so far:

Neo's Pokémon Avatar pack
    Neo's Pokémon Avatar pack

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I like the Mega Beedril one. But at the moment, they do seem a tad flat. Perhaps that's something you could work on through lighting, blurring and sharpening :) Otherwise they're bright, catchy and cool.

I would like to see Salamence appear, and Absol. Those two would be cool.

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
    Years
    I like the Mega Beedril one. But at the moment, they do seem a tad flat. Perhaps that's something you could work on through lighting, blurring and sharpening :) Otherwise they're bright, catchy and cool.

I would like to see Salamence appear, and Absol. Those two would be cool.

Thank you for your feedback, what i'd like to know is, what you mean by "a tad flat", could you elaborate so i can better understand what you mean, the images i've actually blurred and sharpened in the majority of layers but i'm not 100% sure what you mean.

i'll give Salamence and Absol a go tomorrow, however i need a good stock for absol as i couldn't find one. (might try a mega absol stock from somewhere).

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Very particularly, I'm looking at the Torkoal, Stunfisk and Drapion ones. If you look at the background, lighting, focus and other effects, the Pokémon appear just a little like a sticker slapped on a background at the moment. What I mean is that by adding some soft white brushing and soft back shading, you can accentuate a piece and make it look a lot more authentic; as if it has depth. This can also further be achieved by some good sharpening and blurring, and also through effects like c4ds (though those aren't usually used in avatars and small pieces). The resources thread has a lot on depth, and I would recommend you take a look there too, since that goes a lot more in-depth (haha, get it?) and I actually learnt a lot there.

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
    Years
    Very particularly, I'm looking at the Torkoal, Stunfisk and Drapion ones. If you look at the background, lighting, focus and other effects, the Pokémon appear just a little like a sticker slapped on a background at the moment. What I mean is that by adding some soft white brushing and soft back shading, you can accentuate a piece and make it look a lot more authentic; as if it has depth. This can also further be achieved by some good sharpening and blurring, and also through effects like c4ds (though those aren't usually used in avatars and small pieces). The resources thread has a lot on depth, and I would recommend you take a look there too, since that goes a lot more in-depth (haha, get it?) and I actually learnt a lot there.

I see what you mean, however that was kinda the look i was going for with these, kinda like some trading cards. I never intended for them to fully blend into the backgrounds, they were supposed to be highlighted by their almost 3-D sorta way they jump out from the backgrounds.

I will however take a look at the resources thread you mentioned as i'm always open to learning new things :D

Back