• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] NPC is invisible before their event is triggered, please help!

Days
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Hi, I'm doing my best to learn all this on my own but I just can't figure out how to achieve what I'm going for. It's really simple: I want the npc to not be facing the player when the room is entered, then when the player reaches a certain square, the npc turns to face them and plays the exclamation mark. This is not a trainer battle, it's just a cutscene. I managed to create the functionality I want by having the npc be an autorun event with a switch trigger, and the square the player stands on is a player touch event that sets that switch. The only problem is that the npc only becomes visible after the autorun is triggered, so rather than standing in the room already and turning, he just pops into existence when the player stands on the square. The only other way I could find to trigger an event from a distance is the Counter(x) title, but that only works in the direction the NPC is looking. Please help, there must be a way to trigger an already existing npc from a distance, right?

Days
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I didn't know events could cause other events to move... I thought the NPC's move commands had to be started in his event box. Problem solved.

Back