• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Number's Drawings

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    My heart smiles for you.

Hello! Welcome to my art thread. I'm still practicing. I just started digital art last week. I usually do pencil drawings. You'll notice that most of my drawings have no hands and feet. The ones that do are really bad. I just can't do hands and feet. I'm learning how to shade correctly at the moment.

I'm using Paint Tool Sai, until I can get Photoshop.

I'd love any advice and critique.

Finished
    Newest drawings at the top.
    Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Number's Drawings

Older Drawings.
    Spoiler:

Work In Progress
    Number's Drawings

I'm doing a drawing of all my characters in one.​

Last edited:

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • That Vulpix looks really promising! This is making me want to get a tablet even more. Digital drawing is the future! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Your first drawing is probably my favorite.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Cute drawings! I would suggest working on the anatomy a little bit, and try to slowly step away from blurring your shading. When I started digital art, I used to do the same exact thing. Blurred/smudged everything because I couldn't shade and thought I could get away with it. D: One thing that will really help you is use other people's digital art for reference, especially anime.

However, I do have to say I absolutely love how the vulpix is coming out. It has a very crisp, clean style to it - you should explore that area more!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    That Vulpix looks really promising! This is making me want to get a tablet even more. Digital drawing is the future! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Your first drawing is probably my favorite.

Thanks. :) I'm still working on the Vulpix right now. Hopefully I can get it done. I've been lagging on it.

Cute drawings! I would suggest working on the anatomy a little bit, and try to slowly step away from blurring your shading. When I started digital art, I used to do the same exact thing. Blurred/smudged everything because I couldn't shade and thought I could get away with it. D: One thing that will really help you is use other people's digital art for reference, especially anime.

However, I do have to say I absolutely love how the vulpix is coming out. It has a very crisp, clean style to it - you should explore that area more!

Yea. I can't shade to save my life. xD My sister is teaching me about shading and things like that. It's become somewhat of a habit that I hope to break. :P

Also, I added a few more drawings.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Cute drawings. And hey Numbers, if you want to be better at drawing hands, try practicing on nothing but hands for a while. :)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I like your art... for the most part. It's really pretty how you use the lovely pastel tones with your art... but... the eyes... they're way... too big for me :x I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being mean or anything, but they're just way too huge and totally distract from the face. In addition, since they're so simple they make the face look very... awkward. I know the "big-eye" thing is a popular art style these days but it really distracts from the image imho.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    Cute drawings. And hey Numbers, if you want to be better at drawing hands, try practicing on nothing but hands for a while. :)

That's a really good idea. I'm going to try that. Thanks! ^_^

I like your art... for the most part. It's really pretty how you use the lovely pastel tones with your art... but... the eyes... they're way... too big for me :x I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being mean or anything, but they're just way too huge and totally distract from the face. In addition, since they're so simple they make the face look very... awkward. I know the "big-eye" thing is a popular art style these days but it really distracts from the image imho.

I understand what you mean. You don't sound mean, don't worry. Thanks for the advice/critique. It means a lot! :D

Back