• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On the back of an envelope...

Years
  • I was bored and started drawing. I think some of them are okay-ish. But I wanted to know what others thought. Yours to critique (yeah I did draw them on the back of an envelope).
    homer.png

Homer.

pikadash.png

I was trying to use the face he has on the front of 'Pokemon Dash'

shadow.png

Shadow. As in the hedgehog.

thatguyplushisgastly.png

I don't really like the guy on this one, but the gastly is okay.

I'm not really the best artist, but I enjoy drawing. I might colour these on my computer later on.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    You could certainly use some better framing in your drawings and maybe a bigger canvas too. Also, your pencil lines are flat and rough, maybe start using a mechanical pencil or keep sharpening as you draw?

Out of the four, I'd say your Pikachu is best, although they're all decent considering you drew them without reference and on an envelope. (^_^);

Years
  • Well actually I did use some reference. It's just I had no paper... o.o But thanks for the tips. And also the Pikachu was the one I liked least, I prefer Shadow.
    I'll take into account what you said and I'll work on it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Pretty cool drawings, looks awesome!
    I think Phani is correct in that you should regularly sharpen your pencil or use a mechanical pencil so you get consistent lines which are sharp and neat.
    Also, I think your line art is a little bit messy. Might be because of inexperience or just a drawing habit, but it is in the middle of two styles. Those being really neat outer lines or the sort of sketchy type where you make lots of smaller strokes and it makes like a sketchy effect.
    I think possibly for you, try doing more smaller strokes, or to do your strokes quicker and have an eraser and hand.

Back