• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Outlining Question

LugiaFreak

Years
    I had no idea where to put this. >.>;; Move if needed.

So! I have a big, poster-sized handrawn sketch with LOTS of detail, and I was wondering -- should I outline or color it first? I'll probably color it with colored pencils, but what should I outline it with?

Thanks. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Personally i always outline things first. But it depends entirely on the mediums you're using and how you're using them.
    My advice to you would be to experiment for yourself, on other things if you're not comfortable with doing it on this piece.
    For outlining i use a o.o5 pigment ink pen. *steadtler* But things like this are entirely down to personal preference. good luck! :) *hopes this helped, even if only a little*

Back