• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch to undo Hackmew's fixed Emerald RNG

darthbr

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm playing an emerald rom hack (a hoenn dex one) and I really like it, aside from the fact that it has this rng fix. I want to be able to RNG manipulate or apply a shiny reroll patch, but can't with this in effect.

Is there a patch to undo this that exists, or could someone potentially make one?

i just want soft reset again

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Late reply, but I have an idea that might work

1. Get a clean emerald ROM and another ROM with just the RNG fix applied to it
    2. Get Lunar IPS if you don't already have it
    3. Open it and click "Create IPS Patch"
    4. First it will prompt you to select an unmodified ROM, but instead you should select the hacked ROM with the RNG fix
    5. Next it will prompt you to select a modified ROM, but instead you should select your clean emerald ROM
    (basically we're just treated the hacked ROM as the clean ROM and the clean ROM a)s the hacked ROM
    6. Choose a name for your IPS patch and save it

I don't know if this will work, but you could test it out by applying your patch to a copy of the ROM with the RNG fix and see if it undoes it. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will

Back