• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Duel #6 Fireworks vs. Hi-Techneon

Whose sprite do you vote for?

• Fireworks

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Hi-Techneon

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Pixel Art Duel #6
Fireworks vs. Hi-Techneon

Introduction

Since the first went so well, why not another?!
Welcome! This thread is to vote for who you think should win this duel.
Whose pixels are more impressive than the others? You decide!

Rules

1. No voting for yourself.

2. When voting, you must include comments on why you voted for the specific sprite.
Critcisim is appriciated also.

3. Don't be harsh on sprites, this is for fun after all!

Contestants

Theme: G/S/C Devamp
Species: Hoenn vs. Unova

Fireworks
Devamp of Shuppet
Shuppetdevamp.png

Hi-Techneon
Devamp of Hydreigon
2i0gepv.png

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
My vote goes for Fireworks, simply because it fits the GSC style of spriting(sort of disproportional, weird looking) better than the other.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
It's not great, but I would definitely give this vote to Hi-Techneon, because it follows G/S/C colour and shading style far better than Fireworks' piece. wait who even said this was gsc themed **** this i'm out if it doesnt even have a consistent theme

Last edited:
Years
It's not great, but I would definitely give this vote to Hi-Techneon, because it follows G/S/C colour and shading style far better than Fireworks' piece. wait who even said this was gsc themed **** this i'm out if it doesnt even have a consistent theme

True, but might as well change it to G/S/C devamp now considering that they both fit the style. I love how the title was "Pixel Art Duel #5." XD

edit: fixed the thread.

Last edited:

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
@Fireworks: you got my vote in this one. while it may not look like it is GSC style truely(more like RBY), its definitly better than the hydreigon. For one, you didnt just resize the sprite from BW, and for two, it was scratched as far as I can tell. Scratching is a sign of a more acomplished spriter in my opinion.

@Hi-techneon: it looks nice, but the fact that its just a resize of hydreigon made me dissapointed. I'm sure you could have done better if you knew what you needed to do to make it a legitimate GSC sprite, but you used what you had. Better luck next time :)

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
Hi-techneon get's my vote, i think: its a good sprite looks almost identical to its original sprite, plus the sprite is more challenging, nice work..

~Kian~

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
I vote for Fireworks. His sprite is more...G/S/C like. (kinda weird looking but that's what G/S/C sprites are supposed to look like right?)

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Fireworks has my vote for this one. I look at that Shuppet and think of the old games.

The Hydreigon looks far too complex and detailed to look like the old sprites. But it does have its own sense of style to it.

Good job, both of you.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Voted for Hi-Techneon because Shuppet is a really simple Pokemon to draw, unlike Hydreigon. Also Shuppet looks more like a RBY, not GSC devamp.
I like both sprites, though. <:

Years

And the winner is...

Hi-Techneon and his Hydreigon Devamp!
2i0gepv.png

Congratulations! You've won with one point ahead of Fireworks.

Until next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back