• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Chaos Origins (Open World)

VesitaBoy

UnOvA
Years
  • Introduction

Hey guys, I had a lot of fun creating my last game Chaos in Vesita and even before finishing I already had many ideas for this project.
    Inspired by Pokémon Scarlet and Violet I had the desire to create an open world Pokémon game myself. A game where the players themselves decide how to take on their adventures. Gyms, story events, rival battles can be challenged in any order you want.

Plot Summary

The gigantic Tamterra region offers you a diverse selection of biomes that can be explored the way you want. 10 in total.
    Starting in the capital Genesis City you proudly receive your first Pokémon as a student at the Redstone Academy. A place where you spent a lot of time preparing for the wild vastness of Tamterra meeting your friends Mona, Aiden, Runa and Fred. Each a personality of its own...
    You are tasked to travel the region and get as strong and knowing as possible to eventually beat the elite four so you can make your way into the
    Redstone Canyon.

A place where danger awaits around every corner. Only the most experienced trainers and scientist are allowed to go in there to find a reason for the strange behavior many Pokémon show in the area. Pokémon infected act very violent and uncontrolable. The smart heads formed an organization that has its bases all around the region where infected Pokémon are being studied... Sooner or later your mother will greet you as the head of the so called Canyon Operation.
    The virus has been spreading quickly and the Canyon Operation wants to stop it with any means. They're methods are somewhat questionable but nothing to worry about... yet.

I planned to give every more or less important character a little role in the environment for world building. So we have a rich snobby gym leader who lives by the beach and off moms and dads pocket money, a farmer whos Pokémon help him everyday on the field, or an astronaut who will take you to space in the post game. Gym leaders are busy, you might never meet them in the gym the first time you enter a town.
    Visiting every C.O.B. (Canyon Operation Base) is very important. You will learn a lot about the virus and how it reacts with certain Pokémon-types. In each C.O.B. are only virus-Pokémon found to battle. After defeating the head of the base you will receive extra badges! Five in total, required to enter the league.

Together with your friends you find your way around the region to challenge gyms and C.O.Bs to qualify for the Tamterran League. Find your way into the Canyon and stop the virus-Pokémon and find its origin!

Gameplay

The Tamterra region (map not final)

mapRegion0.PNG

Some screenshots from the game so far. some tiles seem to be missing but they are just in 4th (event) layer

Screenshot (425).png

Genesis Suburbs (Home to the player and friends)

Screenshot (427).png

Genesis City - Harmonia Gardens (view of the Redstone Academy and trainer school)

Screenshot (428).png

Screenshot (429).png

Ingame shots of Harmonia Gardens (one of seven districts)

Challenge every gym leader, COB or trainer in every order you like! The levels will be scaled and the teams of important characters will be adjusted/getting stronger every two badges.

Pokémon can be encountered in the OW as well as in tall grass (if possible). Like in Paldea there will be Ace trainers on each route that will only challenge you once youve defeated every other trainer.

There is a subway in the capital because it has seven districts which are very huge. I plan on adding a train system throughout the whole region too so you can get to other places faster in early game (Genesis City-Rockshore City-Goldvein City-Glimmerice City)

HM items will be obtainable in the main game but can only be used to reach certain items or areas. They are not required for progressing the story. You can walk through the whole region and get everyhwere you want. However once youve reached post league content you will need all inside the canyon so dont pass it up!

The new Virus-type has next to no weaknesses and is hard to beat!

The game will feature Fakemon as starters and legendary. Regional forms from a handpicked Pokedex (from gen 1-9) including new custom megas.

Planned Features

+
    Completely new open world region explorable in any order you like
    +Updated UI
    +Pokémon from gen 1-9
    +New regional forms
    +Custom Megas
    +New type (Virus-type)
    +New Fakemon starter
    +New Fakemon Legendary
    +OW encounters
    +EXP All
    +Quest system
    +Different dimensions
    +A darker turn a typical Pokémon story
    +Story-heavy post game
    +Possibly Crafting System
    +Multiple Healing stops and stores on each route

How can you help?

This game sounds very ambitious at first but with the help of an amazing team Im sure we will get there faster.
    I have concepts done already but need people to finalize them and bring them to life/some fitting touches.
    Therefore I need:

+A spriter for Fakemon and Battle Sprites/OW Sprites
    +An artist for character and Fakemon artworks, UI and title screen would be cool too
    +A writer to help me finalize and adjust the story
    +A Balancer would be very much needed
    +Beta Tester

Of course were going to help each other out so no one has to do things alone :)
    Our team right now
    -Delta (Writing, Balancing, Testing)
    -ChaoticEnergy (Writing)
    -Jbsundown (Scripting)
    -LuckyMaster (Trainer Sprites, Character OW Sprites)
    -pizzataco890 (Testing)
    -PokefanKIV (Spriting, concept arts)
    -Kyatra (Spriting, concept arts)
    -Alberto (Character concept artist)
    -DeepStrider2 (Balancing/Mechanics)
    -Electro (Concept Artist for Fakemon)

Essentials

+Working with Essentials V.20 and BW tilesets mainly by UltimoSpriter and many other artists (which I have credit for)
    +RPG Maker XP

As I said the concepts are mostly all done and I need your help to finalize and make it better than ever! :D

Interested?

Please send me a DM with maybe something to show what amazing things youre capable of or contact me on this Discord Channel

This is a passion project only! You will not be payed being a part of this project.

Last edited:

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Introduction

Hey guys, I had a lot of fun creating my last game Chaos in Vesita and even before finishing I already had many ideas for this project.
    Inspired by Pokémon Scarlet and Violet I had the desire to create an open world Pokémon game myself. A game where the players themselves decide how to take on their adventures. Gyms, story events, rival battles can be challenged in any order you want.

Plot Summary

The gigantic Tamterra region offers you a diverse selection of biomes that can be explored the way you want. 10 in total.
    Starting in the capital Genesis City you proudly receive your first Pokémon as a student at the Redstone Academy. A place where you spent a lot of time preparing for the wild vastness of Tamterra meeting your friends Mona, Aiden, Runa and Fred. Each a personality of its own...
    You are tasked to travel the region and get as strong and knowing as possible to eventually beat the elite four so you can make your way into the
    Redstone Canyon.

A place where danger awaits around every corner. Only the most experienced trainers and scientist are allowed to go in there to find a reason for the strange behavior many Pokémon show in the area. Pokémon infected act very violent and uncontrolable. The smart heads formed an organization that has its bases all around the region where infected Pokémon are being studied... Sooner or later your mother will greet you as the head of the so called Canyon Operation.
    The virus has been spreading quickly and the Canyon Operation wants to stop it with any means. They're methods are somewhat questionable but nothing to worry about... yet.

I planned to give every more or less important character a little role in the environment for world building. So we have a rich snobby gym leader who lives by the beach and off moms and dads pocket money, a farmer whos Pokémon help him everyday on the field, or an astronaut who will take you to space in the post game. Gym leaders are busy, you might never meet them in the gym the first time you enter a town.
    Visiting every C.O.B. (Canyon Operation Base) is very important. You will learn a lot about the virus and how it reacts with certain Pokémon-types. In each C.O.B. are only virus-Pokémon found to battle. After defeating the head of the base you will receive extra badges! Five in total, required to enter the league.

Together with your friends you find your way around the region to challenge gyms and C.O.Bs to qualify for the Tamterran League. Find your way into the Canyon and stop the virus-Pokémon and find its origin!

Gameplay

The Tamterra region (map not final)

mapRegion0.png

Some screenshots from the game so far. some tiles seem to be missing but they are just in 4th (event) layer

Screenshot (425).png

Genesis Suburbs (Home to the player and friends)

Screenshot (427).png

Genesis City - Harmonia Gardens (view of the Redstone Academy and trainer school)

Screenshot (428).png

Screenshot (429).png

Ingame shots of Harmonia Gardens (one of seven districts)

Challenge every gym leader, COB or trainer in every order you like! The levels will be scaled and the teams of important characters will be adjusted/getting stronger every two badges.

Pokémon can be encountered in the OW as well as in tall grass (if possible). Like in Paldea there will be Ace trainers on each route that will only challenge you once youve defeated every other trainer.

There is a subway in the capital because it has seven districts which are very huge. I plan on adding a train system throughout the whole region too so you can get to other places faster in early game (Genesis City-Rockshore City-Goldvein City-Glimmerice City)

HM items will be obtainable in the main game but can only be used to reach certain items or areas. They are not required for progressing the story. You can walk through the whole region and get everyhwere you want. However once youve reached post league content you will need all inside the canyon so dont pass it up!

The new Virus-type has next to no weaknesses and is hard to beat!

The game will feature Fakemon as starters and legendary. Regional forms from a handpicked Pokedex (from gen 1-9) including new custom megas.

Planned Features

+
    Completely new open world region explorable in any order you like
    +Updated UI
    +Pokémon from gen 1-9
    +New regional forms
    +Custom Megas
    +New type (Virus-type)
    +New Fakemon starter
    +New Fakemon Legendary
    +OW encounters
    +EXP All
    +Quest system
    +Different dimensions
    +A darker turn a typical Pokémon story
    +Story-heavy post game
    +Possibly Crafting System
    +Multiple Healing stops and stores on each route

How can you help?

This game sounds very ambitious at first but with the help of an amazing team Im sure we will get there faster.
    I have concepts done already but need people to finalize them and bring them to life/some fitting touches.
    Therefore I need:

+A spriter for Fakemon and Battle Sprites/OW Sprites
    +An artist for character and Fakemon artworks, UI and title screen would be cool too
    +A writer to help me finalize and adjust the story
    +A Balancer would be very much needed
    +Beta Tester

Of course were going to help each other out so no one has to do things alone :)

Essentials

+Working with Essentials V.20 and BW tilesets mainly by UltimoSpriter and many other artists (which I have credit for)
    +RPG Maker XP

As I said the concepts are mostly all done and I need your help to finalize and make it better than ever! :D

Interested?

Please send me a DM with maybe something to show what amazing things youre capable of or contact me on this Discord Channel

This is a passion project only! You will not be payed being a part of this project.
    I don't have Discord, so I can only help here, but sounds very interesting! I have a nack for thinking up ideas and other things, except for Pokémon, most of the time. I can say that you're doing better than me with the game, and I'm happy for you! How can I help? I'd love to!

VesitaBoy

UnOvA
    Years
  • I don't have Discord, so I can only help here, but sounds very interesting! I have a nack for thinking up ideas and other things, except for Pokémon, most of the time. I can say that you're doing better than me with the game, and I'm happy for you! How can I help? I'd love to!
    Hey thanks for your interest! I could use someone whos good with coming up with ideas for side quests or puzzles. Since its open world you can be quite creative as the world also offers diverse areas

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Hey thanks for your interest! I could use someone whos good with coming up with ideas for side quests or puzzles. Since its open world you can be quite creative as the world also offers diverse areas
    I'd be willing to help with that! Maybe some that open businesses or whatever, like the ones in Legends Arceus that open up new camps

VesitaBoy

UnOvA
    Years
  • Heres a little something Ive been working on. Just basic drawings of the starter Pokémon. I have the pleasure of @PokefanKIV working by my side willing to turn them into pixelart. (I hope it works for you now buddy)

Spoiler: Starters

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • How's this? I made the Grass rabbit Pokémon

Spoiler: Grass rabbit Pokémon

Is there anything with the color palette you'd like me to change?

VesitaBoy

UnOvA
    Years
  • Hey guys little update. Team has grown a lot <3

-Delta (Writing, Balancing, Testing)
    -ChaoticEnergy (Writing)
    -Jbsundown (Scripting)
    -LuckyMaster (Trainer Sprites, Character OW Sprites)
    -pizzataco890 (Testing)
    -PokefanKIV (Spriting, concept arts)
    -Kyatra (Spriting, concept arts)
    -Alberto (Character concept artist)

Some more artworks and sprites we (Kyatra) have done already!

The grass starter Floranny
    image.png
    The fire starter Blazel
    image.png
    The water starter Serchor
    starter-1.png
    The players mom is one of many professors living in Tamterra but she's the only one greeting us in the intro

introbg.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oho~, wieso erfahre ich davon erst jetzt? >_<

Also echt! Ich gebe dir gerne weitere Inspiration oder helfe bei der Geschichte mit bzw. erläutere die sozial-psychologische Seite.^^

Back