• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Hi there, another weird annoyance:
This may be for a couple reasons, either fake RTC or using speedup, but I am constantly getting pokenav calls every like, 30 steps.
Is there any way you can allow us to turn off non-story related pokenav calls?
(I do not have a lightningrod pokemon in my party)

Days
  • Seen today
no offense, but as a veteran Player myself (i started with Red/Yellow when they first came out), if you don't like a way a hacker set up their game, don't play it. it's not up to you to decide how to make Pokemon in a hack 'better'. Pokemon isn't meant to be analyzed, it's meant to be enjoyed and had fun with. i don't see anyone else complaining about the starters, just you. As i said before: if you don't like, don't play. simple.
Well...I haven't given any order to anyone...the game is already good...maybe there's been a misunderstanding (mine was only a suggestion, not a request)

I like A LOT this hackrom, the only complaint I've found so far is a Hidden Power bug (dealing NORMAL type damage instead of the type determined by IVs)

---

Anyway, my analysis was something cosmetic and NOT a critic...let me finish it 😅

MEGANIUM is very good with ANCIENTPOWER (by level up) and MOONBLAST. 👑
BLAZIKEN and SWAMPERT are already good for their stat distribution and learnsets. ✅

Now I hope to find a CYNDAQUIL in the next wondertrade 🤣 I'm curious about TYPHLOSION being Fire/Ground (no spoiler please)

Last edited:
Days
I found another typo. Under the Nuzlocke settings, when Fainting is set to Cemetery, it should say fainted Pokemon are sent to the PC, not send.

Is there a "catch 'em all" guide?
There is not, but you can use a combination of Bulbapedia and resetes12's personal document.

Hi there, another weird annoyance:
This may be for a couple reasons, either fake RTC or using speedup, but I am constantly getting pokenav calls every like, 30 steps.
Is there any way you can allow us to turn off non-story related pokenav calls?
(I do not have a lightningrod pokemon in my party)
You can disable unimportant match calls in the Option menu.

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hey Resetes!

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus and i started a new run on 2.2 which I got working on my n3ds with mGBA. Anyway, I can't seem to grasp the encounter rate document (https://github.com/resetes12/pokeemerald/blob/master/src/data/wild_encounters.json).

I've set modern spawns on, on the first three routes I've managed to find Snubull, Seedot, Lotad, Sentret and Caterpie. I just can't seem to find Eeevee, Munchlax or Mime jr. I've been looking at the document I linked above and if I iterpret it correctly they should be encounterable, and I feel like I got it confirmed that I'm using the modern spawns since I encountered some of the other added pokemons. Am I not getting something here? I have shiny encounters det to 1/1024 and I was able to find a shiny poochyena before any of the three aforementioned pokemons that I can't find.

I'm really glad I got the new version working and happy to see that you're still working on this!

Edit:
Okay, I've encountered two Munchlaxes now so I suppose I was just unlucky before.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
To everyone saying that Modern Emerald isn't supported by MyBoy emulator, try JohnGBA or PizzaBoy emulator. They both have a free version. I think PizzaBoy is the best, I used it when I was playing on my phone and it allows you to extract the .sav file so if you switch to PC or 3ds you can still use your current save

Days
  • Seen today
CHARIZARD is very good (logical...it's CHARIZARD :D)
With a bit of patience, it's possible to make it learn ANCIENT POWER (father♂️ must be a TOTODILE that knows the move via breeding with CORSOLA or RELICANTH)

Now hoping to find a CYNDAQUIL relative on Wonder Trading (I have set the day cap of 3, of course) - the RNG haven't smiled at me so far 😂

Days
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Slight question about the monotype catching restriction. If I selected "Steel" (so I can get a Steel type mon to replace the starter, like a Mawile or Beldum) and theoretically wanted to use Probopass or Steelix, whose pre-evolutions aren't steel types, would it let me catch a Nosepass or Onix? Or is there an option to turn the restriction off temporarily? Waiting till Victory Road to catch a wild Probopass doesn't seem worth it, and Steelix doesn't seem to have a wild encounter anywhere...

Edit: Picked Mawile (not waiting until Victory Road, thanks) and tried to undo the catching restriction by enabling the debug menu and resetting challenge menu. Unfortunately, it keeps crashing on me every time, and I'm using mgba as my emulator. So it looks like Steelix will be unobtainable assuming I can't catch an Onix with the monotype challenge on, which kinda sucks.

Edit 2: NVM, found an easy fix. Just cheat and use the debug menu to spawn a Pokemon (Mawile, in my case) of your choosing into the PC box, release your starter, and play normally from that point onwards.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
MOVEMENT BUG REPORT 😭

In a lot of BATTLE FRONTIER houses (except the one where SCOTT is located) my movements are limited only to the doormat tile...
This doesn't happen in battle facilities or bigger houses (for example, the one where you can exchange BPs for items)

Played on mGBA. Version 2.2

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
MOVEMENT BUG REPORT 😭

In a lot of BATTLE FRONTIER houses (except the one where SCOTT is located) my movements are limited only to the doormat tile...
This doesn't happen in battle facilities or bigger houses (for example, the one where you can exchange BPs for items)

Played on mGBA. Version 2.2
Yes, I recently fixed it. I forgot to add tiles to walk, and the only solution is to wait for patch 2.3. Sorry about that.

Days
  • Seen today
I hope the Hidden Power issue (dealing NORMAL type damage instead of the IV-determined type) to be fixed.
Then...if Venusaur doesn't get EARTH POWER (as in Gen VIII) I'll replace it with Roserade.

Back