• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi there,

Thanks a bunch for making this rom hack and it really is the emerald experience. I'll have to keep up my Single Battle tower streak, as I have not yet to find any special trainers, even after like 150 battles, but hopefully I'll see somebody!

Can you help to check if Tangela is really in the Safari Zone? I feel like I've been hopping on the bike in the SouthWest area forever... I even found two Charmander, which I assume are rare spawns. I'm almost done with my National Pokedex and this Tangela is killing me!

NEVERMIND: I looked in the wrong area. Sorry about that!

Is Hoppip a rare spawn on Route 122? I've been surfing for ages and haven't found Hoppip or Skiploom.

Thanks again!

Route 123 actually. It was a mistake in the documentation.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Route 123 actually. It was a mistake in the documentation.

Ah ok, thanks for fixing it!

Anybody know how to get Drizzle Kingdra? It says in the Pokedex that Kingdra can get Drizzle as a second ability, but all the Horsea that I hatch and evolved with the Dragon Scale, all have Swift Swim when evolving into Kindra.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen today
    Another graphical glitch I found: Pokemon that float like Geodude and wingull for example don't have thier shadows displayed under them in battle.

That has to be a problem in your end. Doesn't happen to me.

Ah ok, thanks for fixing it!

Anybody know how to get Drizzle Kingdra? It says in the Pokedex that Kingdra can get Drizzle as a second ability, but all the Horsea that I hatch and evolved with the Dragon Scale, all have Swift Swim when evolving into Kindra.

Thanks

You can't. To make Hard Mode more interesting without changing much, I gave certain Ace Pokémon like Juan's Kingdra, Norman's Slaking and so on a new ability that can only be accessed in Hard Mode and only by them, not the player. As a byproduct of the new Pokédex where you can see every ability, these Ace Pokémon will show the ability that I added.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I ran into another bug after catching a Plusle and gaining exp to learn a move in the summary screen. After i deleted one of my moves, when I exited the summary screen instead of the ball fading away. The caught Plusle's sprite still displayed.

Years
    • Seen today
    I ran into another bug after catching a Plusle and gaining exp to learn a move in the summary screen. After i deleted one of my moves, when I exited the summary screen instead of the ball fading away. The caught Plusle's sprite still displayed.

Already fixed it internally. Will be fixed next update.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Could you maybe add an option for all pokemon to have perfect IVs, including the player, for people who don't want to breed and whatnot?

Years
    • Seen today
    I want to share screenshots of the following update. It's a small update and it's mostly clean-up, but it's cool.

First, we have day and night backgrounds.
    0WhZjmN.png
    SqwWwVb.png

And then we have the exp. bar being hidden in the Battle Frontier. I always found it annoying, and way more with how the game now handles the Battle Frontier as it shows empty if your Pokémon was level 50 or more. Not anymore!
    9gkR44K.png

Could you maybe add an option for all pokemon to have perfect IVs, including the player, for people who don't want to breed and whatnot?

Not a bad idea! And quite easy to do, so I did it. It applies to all Pokémon, including caught ones and traded ones (in-game trades, I don't know what happens if there's a trade between games). This only affects your Pokémon since trainers are handled by the "TRAINER IVs" option that was already available, so now you can combine your own IVs and EVs and the trainer's IVs and EVs! So now you can set "TRAINER IVs" to "HARD" and remove IVs completely. Of course, you'll need to start a new game as it's a global option that can only be set at the start of the game. Thankfully, it doesn't touch current savegames.
    HbxlH2i.png
    IUVNH3n.png

I'm going to test these features for today and maybe tomorrow and I'll release them as soon as I cannot find any major bug.

Currently, the only "major" thing that is planned and I want is to remove the Pokédex Number from the Deoxys forms. At the same time, it's an extremely small inconvenience (that I want to fix!).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    Theres also something in the game called pokerus if you could modify it to make it ether common or rare

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Cool! Thanks for that. I have a question; the modern exp share is in this game, right? Where do you get it? Maybe it could be like in ORAS where you get it after rescuing the guy in petalburg woods?

Oh and one more idea...maybe L and R shortcuts for pokeballs and running? Thanks again

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2023
    This romhack is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!
    Minor question, I know the romhack is more in line to keep the spirit of Gen 3, but since you've already added moves from later gens, do you think it'd be possible to make Hyper Voice and Covet normal again, and add Moonblast and Play Rough instead?
    I ask mostly out of a flavour perspective to be honest, as this romhack is pretty much what I wanted to see in a long while, so thanks either way.

Years
    • Seen today
    Cool! Thanks for that. I have a question; the modern exp share is in this game, right? Where do you get it? Maybe it could be like in ORAS where you get it after rescuing the guy in petalburg woods?

Oh and one more idea...maybe L and R shortcuts for pokeballs and running? Thanks again

Exp. Share is obtained in the same place as emerald, it hasn't changed.

And for the shortcuts, you can press L+R while entering in a wild battle and if you press A or B while doing so, you will instantly run. I've decided to make this prompts more common knowledge, so now you'll see it every time you enter a battle.

This romhack is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!
    Minor question, I know the romhack is more in line to keep the spirit of Gen 3, but since you've already added moves from later gens, do you think it'd be possible to make Hyper Voice and Covet normal again, and add Moonblast and Play Rough instead?
    I ask mostly out of a flavour perspective to be honest, as this romhack is pretty much what I wanted to see in a long while, so thanks either way.

Yes! I totally forgot about them. I have already added them, and I modified learnsets accordingly.
    That said, no more moves will be added unless they are used to buff a type that doesn't have enough phy / sp moves.

Anyway, I've released 1.3.2. Here's the changelog:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    How do you evolve Kadabra or Machoke or Graveler in this version, assuming we're not trading to evolve.

Last edited:

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Will all pokemon that require trade to evolve have different evolution methods? I want an alakazam in my team but afaik, the evolution method hasn't been changed (I can't see it referenced anywhere).

Also the max beauty evolutions are a pain in the ass to grind up for a casual playthrough, could you possibly make a different evolution method for Roserade/Milotic?

Years
    • Seen today
    How do you evolve Kadabra or Machoke or Graveler in this version, assuming we're not trading to evolve.

Will all pokemon that require trade to evolve have different evolution methods? I want an alakazam in my team but afaik, the evolution method hasn't been changed (I can't see it referenced anywhere).

Also the max beauty evolutions are a pain in the ass to grind up for a casual playthrough, could you possibly make a different evolution method for Roserade/Milotic?

Under features, gameplay related: Self-trader to evolve Pokémon that evolve by trade.

And no, Milotic evolves by beauty in the original so it stays the same. Roserade, while it's true that it evolves via Beauty, the threshold is lower as it required only 70 points of Beauty (compared to 170 from Milotic) which makes it pretty easy to evolve.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Thanks for the update! Maybe there could also be an option to make enemy trainers not have EVs as well, since there's already a similar option for the player?

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    And no, Milotic evolves by beauty in the original so it stays the same.

Going by this logic "in the original" then why even change any evolution methods in the first place. Using that as an excuse for 1 particular pokemon when others get a pass just breaks logic.

It's your own rom hack anyways, you can do with it what you please.

Maybe add a secondary evolution method for it cause berry mixing for an evolution is just a massive time-sink for no good reason, especially in a rom hack that adds so many other QoL features.

Back