• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen yesterday
    Whoops, I completely forgot to add the new moves to Eevee. I've decided to release 1.3.4, as it fixes some (very minor) bugs including the Eevee one and adds interesting stuff. Here's the changelog:

New stuff:
    - Regidolls can be obtained from the Mauville Game Corner.
    - The "Solid Board" can be bought in Lilycove without the Rooftop sale, and during the Rooftop sale, you can buy the Blue and Red tent.
    - Wally now appears in the tutorial even if you skip it.
    - New option at the start of the game: Infinite TMs. Now you can select if you want them or not. Move tutors are one use again if you turn off Infinite TMs.
    - New option at the start of the game: Survive poison. If you select it, you'll survive poison with 1HP like Gen IV onwards.
    - New option at the start of the game: Easy Feebas. If you select it, Feebas will appear 5% of the time in any tile on Route 119.
    - New option in the options menu (no new game required): Surf Music, Bike Music and Even faster Joy (for those who cannot wait).
    - While playing in HARD, EXP. SHARE (GEN IV) will divide the Battling Pokémon EXP., so it's not as easy to over-level enemies. EASY and NORMAL are unaffected and work exactly like GEN VI. EASY / NORMAL: 100% exp. for the battling mon, 50% for the rest. HARD: 75% exp. for the battling mon, 50% for the rest.
    - Regieleki, Regidrago and Arceus have 3 new abilities. Transistor and Dragon's Maw boost Electric and Dragon moves by 50%, and Multitype for Arceus works the following way:
    Spoiler:

- Arceus has been massively buffed and it's probably broken. It's the last Pkm you'll probably obtain, it's fine.
    - Battle facilities now load 2 different versions of Pokémon: one adjusted with the Physical / Special split and one that is not adjusted to the split. It's still a work in progress and it's not finished.
    - Carvanha and Sharpedo now hold Red Parts.
    - Buffs and nerfs for many Pokémon. Notable ones: Sunflora has the default Sp. Atk and other stats have been boosted, Regidrago is not as broken with Dragon's Maw.
    - Buffs for some moves: Charge now up Sp. Def like in later gens, Poison Jab was added to some Pokémon.

Fixes:
    - Probably a lot, most important ones are Eevee having Fairy Moves, Fury Cutter not doing 640 damage after 5 turns (lol), lighting fixes and probably more.

"Do you need to do a new game to use the new options that can only be selected at the start of the game?"

Sadly, yes.

Keep me updated on any bug you find.

Great! I'll let you know if i found anything

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Wow.

I just want to emphasize that this game has been a wild ride. I had more fun playing this version of Emerald than some other rom hacks! Something about this game just has the nostalgic charm and being, well, modern! Love the new additions to the game! I finally completed the gold star trainer card and after constant resetting for the last Wonder Trade, being Chikorita and its evolution line, I finally completed the Dex!

10/10

Can't wait to see more features added!

Attachments

• Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)
      Modern Emerald Complete 1.3.4.png
      25 KB · Views: 12
    Days
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    This is the first rom-hack I've been playing and It's been nothing but great. It's a genuine surprise whenever I find an unexpected pokemon in the grass. Found an Evee right at the beginning and dashed for the miracle seed right after the first gym. Now walking around with a Leafeon right behind me. I've noticed though that Leafeon doesn't have an ability. Is this due to leaf guard not being in R/B/E? I think chlorophyll, the hidden ability could be a good substitute.

Years
    • Seen today
    Wow.

I just want to emphasize that this game has been a wild ride. I had more fun playing this version of Emerald than some other rom hacks! Something about this game just has the nostalgic charm and being, well, modern! Love the new additions to the game! I finally completed the gold star trainer card and after constant resetting for the last Wonder Trade, being Chikorita and its evolution line, I finally completed the Dex!

10/10

Can't wait to see more features added!

Thanks! I'm thinking of adding one last feature that will immensely reward the player, so look forward to it! I don't know how long is going to take, though.

This is the first rom-hack I've been playing and It's been nothing but great. It's a genuine surprise whenever I find an unexpected pokemon in the grass. Found an Evee right at the beginning and dashed for the miracle seed right after the first gym. Now walking around with a Leafeon right behind me. I've noticed though that Leafeon doesn't have an ability. Is this due to leaf guard not being in R/B/E? I think chlorophyll, the hidden ability could be a good substitute.

God dammit, Leafeon for some reason had his primary ability as a second ability meaning that if he evolves from Eevee (only having one ability as primary) it won't get the second one, Chlorophyll.

Sometimes developing hack-roms can be annoying.

You can send me the .sav file and I will fix it for you. This bug with Leafeon will get fixed next update.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Not sure if also a bug? Using Mball crashes game. On 1.3.3 +1.3.4. First time chattin. (Myboy android)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Has something changed with Slaking? I'm facing Norman and his Slaking never has Traunt activate...

Years
    • Seen today
    Not sure if also a bug? Using Mball crashes game. On 1.3.3 +1.3.4. First time chattin. (Myboy android)

Not a bug, probably because of the emulator. mGBA is the most accurate GBA emulator and the one you should use.

Has something changed with Slaking? I'm facing Norman and his Slaking never has Traunt activate...

Yes! Only in Hard mode, some Ace Pokémon have different abilities / items. Norman's Slaking doesn't have Truant in Hard mode.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Is there a movepool list for Pokemon? Wondering when Gardevoir will learn Hyper Voice/Moonblast.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Hyper Voice is also a normal move. I thought it was meant to be Fairy in this game?
    Nvm, Moonblast was a relearn move for Gardevoir.
    How does Primeape evolve into Annihilape? Same as SV? When does it learn Rage Fist?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hyper Voice is also a normal move. I thought it was meant to be Fairy in this game?
    Nvm, Moonblast was a relearn move for Gardevoir.
    How does Primeape evolve into Annihilape? Same as SV? When does it learn Rage Fist?

Hyper voice is normal again since 1.3.2
    Moonblast can be learnt at level 1 (tutor) or 62.
    You have all the evolution conditions in the Stats page of the Pokédex.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Thanks. I see that the exp nurse is for post game only. Is there another way I can train my mons before then or change the exp multiplier?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Thanks. I see that the exp nurse is for post game only. Is there another way I can train my mons before then or change the exp multiplier?

If you're looking for training spots, I used Victory Road after Juan. Also, you can farm Lucky Eggs in the Safari Zone from Happiny!

are the starters shiny locked?
    I don't think anything is shiny locked. I SR for a Relaxed nature Mudkip for my run and I ran into two shiny mudkips (with the increased odds activated, of course).

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It seems somewhat broken that rematchable Trainers have Pokémon in the late 50s to early 60s. Despite my all team being level 36 except Dragonair which is 31. Shouldn't the rematchable trainers have thier Pokémon be the max level cap of the gym leaders highest level, Because I have level caps on? Anyways I haven't even obtained the 6th gym badge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can Bagon be gotten earlier with Modern Spawns than in vanilla Emerald? And if so where and when?

Years
    • Seen today
    It seems somewhat broken that rematchable Trainers have Pokémon in the late 50s to early 60s. Despite my all team being level 36 except Dragonair which is 31. Shouldn't the rematchable trainers have thier Pokémon be the max level cap of the gym leaders highest level, Because I have level caps on? Anyways I haven't even obtained the 6th gym badge.

Level caps only affect you. If your level cap is currently 34 (for example) that's because the leader has a lvl 34 Pokémon. You cannot level past 34 because the limit is that specific Pokémon of that specific trainer. However, if there is a trainer that you can battle and is over that limit of 34, level 50 for example, since he is not the target of the level cap it will not affect your party (your limit is still 34) or its party (level cap only affects you).
    Hope that makes sense.

Secondly, rematches are hard on purpose, as you are not supposed to fight them again and again indefinitely like in OG Emerald. In the OG Emerald, their level barely scaled up which made them useless after the 6th-7th gym. Now they are proper late-game fights (although not always difficult, of course). It's a different system than the OG Emerald and, as such, it has to be approached differently.

If you are looking for exp. there are some other methods that do not require using the rematches.

Can Bagon be gotten earlier with Modern Spawns than in vanilla Emerald? And if so where and when?

I don't think so, but you can get other dragons before Bagon. You should have a look at the encounters document.

Back