• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Level caps only affect you. If your level cap is currently 34 (for example) that's because the leader has a lvl 34 Pokémon. You cannot level past 34 because the limit is that specific Pokémon of that specific trainer. However, if there is a trainer that you can battle and is over that limit of 34, level 50 for example, since he is not the target of the level cap it will not affect your party (your limit is still 34) or its party (level cap only affects you).
    Hope that makes sense.

Secondly, rematches are hard on purpose, as you are not supposed to fight them again and again indefinitely like in OG Emerald. In the OG Emerald, their level barely scaled up which made them useless after the 6th-7th gym. Now they are proper late-game fights (although not always difficult, of course). It's a different system than the OG Emerald and, as such, it has to be approached differently.

If you are looking for exp. there are some other methods that do not require using the rematches.

I don't think so, but you can get other dragons before Bagon. You should have a look at the encounters document.

Gotcha

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    Yeah both of those are obtainable! Check the Google docs that the author provided on the beginning of the post. It tells you everything you need to know regarding Pokemon location. It's a good tool to use when trying to complete the Pokedex.

yeah but when can you get Regieleki?

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Can we keep the game save working if there is a later updated version?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    yeah but when can you get Regieleki?

You can get the Regis sometime after you access Dive, so after the seventh badge.

can you change pokemon's nature?

You can change the natures of Pokemon via Nature mints after getting the fourth badge. Go to Rustboro City and go south of the city to find the Flower Shop. The old lady sells Nature mints!

Is there an easy way to change from day to night?

You can change the clock in your room to change to whichever time you need. I believe this messes up some time events such as the Wonder Trade section and the Pacifidlog town guy who gives TM Frustration or Return, among some other time based events. You have to wait a few more days for some timed events, depending on how many times you change the time. The mess up for changing the time has occurred during my playthrough, so it may be the same for you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    Is there any pokemon that requires only a master ball to catch (im curious to know)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Is there any pokemon that requires only a master ball to catch (im curious to know)

Nope. Everything seems to have their base catch rate from the Vanilla games. I caught everything with Ultra Ball just fine and never had to use the Master Ball.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shouldn't there be a feature to change your outfit to the R/S ones? Because the Modern games have the ability to change your outfits and such.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Love the game, I chose Hard Mode + level cap + EV and IV scaling for trainers and the game is much more challenging now !
    And by the way, you can soft reset for a shiny, I found a Shiny Mudkip myself after 5000+ SRs
    Would it be possible to rename our Pokémon whenever we want by clicking on them on the party menu ?
    Also, can you add some of the options from the start of the game directly on the option menu too ? Like choosing between Reusable HM/unique HM, etc.
    And last, and maybe my most wanted feature, I love the Day/Night cycle, it's very well done, but would it be possible to add some orange-ish background for battles during the evening ? Maybe between like 6PM to 8PM or something like that ?

And thank you again for your hard work !

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Couldn't find an answer but I am loving this rom hack so far! Just wondering if there is a way to keep it AS VANILLA as possible like keeping canon base stats and typing for pokemon? I'm cool with modern typing (eg Azumarill being Fairy type) but some of the non canon changes aren't my cup of tea. Thanks for the amazing hack though, probably my favorite version of Emerald.

Years
    • Seen today
    Steel still resists Dark
    Will there be plans to change it?

I totally forgot that was a thing. Yes, 1.3.5 has it.

Love the game, I chose Hard Mode + level cap + EV and IV scaling for trainers and the game is much more challenging now !
    And by the way, you can soft reset for a shiny, I found a Shiny Mudkip myself after 5000+ SRs
    Would it be possible to rename our Pokémon whenever we want by clicking on them on the party menu ?
    Also, can you add some of the options from the start of the game directly on the option menu too ? Like choosing between Reusable HM/unique HM, etc.
    And last, and maybe my most wanted feature, I love the Day/Night cycle, it's very well done, but would it be possible to add some orange-ish background for battles during the evening ? Maybe between like 6PM to 8PM or something like that ?

And thank you again for your hard work !

Couldn't find an answer but I am loving this rom hack so far! Just wondering if there is a way to keep it AS VANILLA as possible like keeping canon base stats and typing for pokemon? I'm cool with modern typing (eg Azumarill being Fairy type) but some of the non canon changes aren't my cup of tea. Thanks for the amazing hack though, probably my favorite version of Emerald.

I would love to create a totally modular hack-rom, and although not impossible, it requires too much time and it does not fill my vision for my hack-rom. Modern Emerald, as modular as it already is in many aspects, is a modernization of Pokémon Emerald and not a modular version of Emerald. I appreciate your comments and, in the future, I plan on making certain features modular so they can please everyone. I cannot guarantee that exactly what you ask becomes modular, but it's on the list.

Today I will also release 1.3.5, which notoriously fixes Leafeon's ability. This is the full changelog:

- Hard mode is now harder.
    - Paralysis doesn't affect electric types.
    - Steel doesn't resist Dark.
    - Spinda has had a cool buff. BST has been increased by 10 in every stat and it can learn Superpower. When using Superpower, it has a 50% chance of increasing the stats instead of decreasing them (like a 50% chance Contrary). Spinda has also a 1% chance of multiplying any damage by 2x. Not the best Pokémon, but certainly interesting.
    - Coins are half the price in the Game Corner.
    - Stat Reducing Berries now spawn in Route 123 (They will be there only if you start a new game, as they are set during it. You can still obtain them the usual way).
    - Stat Reducing Berries can now be used repeatedly without closing the party menu, and "Use" has been moved as the first option in the bag.
    - Battle Frontier now loads different sets of Pokémon according to the option "Physical / Special Split" (it was loaded in 1.3.4, but now all data has been finished).
    - Debug menu can be enabled by everybody so you can cheat or modify whatever you want. To enable it, just press "SELECT" + "START" inside the options menu and you'll hear a noise. Pressing "START" to open the menu from that moment will show a "DEBUG" option at the bottom. It can also be opened with "R" + "START". Be careful, using certain options can break your save so I'm not responsible for any misuse.

I'll release it in a few hours after I test it and fix any minor bugs.

Next updates will focus on modularity, not on new features.

Edit: 1.3.5 out

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi! I just created an account to ask some of the features as it's my first time playing a rom hack. Does choosing randomizer and modern spawns still allow you to catch all 423 pokemons?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! I just created an account to ask some of the features as it's my first time playing a rom hack. Does choosing randomizer and modern spawns still allow you to catch all 423 pokemons?

Modern Spawns by itself yes. Using a randomizer makes the game decide so the answer would be "probably yes". Using both makes no sense, as the randomizer overrides Modern Spawns.

Back