• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen today
    "There are no Trainer EVs by default. You can turn off Player EVs and that's it. Same with IVs."

sir, i think the default option of "TRAINER EVs" is "The pokemon of enemy trainer have the expected EVs" , should that meaning the EVs of gym leader will be the same as the original Emerald , i wish there could be a optional to let me chose "The pokemon of enemy trainer have the no EVs" that will be better , but its good enought so far,thansk

According to the game code and some comments I found on "Pret's" Discord (the group that does the decompilation from Emerald), there are no EVs in trainers by default. There's some information online saying that the IV value that is assigned to the trainer party actually affects EVs, but I haven't seen anything like that in the real code.

I'm going to edit the description of "Trainer EVs" so it reflects this.

I'm about halfway through and I'd just like to suggest that maybe Secret Power can get the HM treatment where a Pokemon doesn't need to know it to use it out of battle?

It already works like that!

Hi! Are there some docs about Wild Mon, TMs etc?

There's documentation on the main post. You can check TMs via the Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Think you could let manectric learn fire moves like in the modern games?
    Maybe a dexnav so I can catch em all?
    Maybe also allow feeding unlimited pokeblocks? It's annoying that pokemon can never be fed again after a certain amount.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Think you could let manectric learn fire moves like in the modern games?
    Maybe a dexnav so I can catch em all?
    Maybe also allow feeding unlimited pokeblocks? It's annoying that pokemon can never be fed again after a certain amount.

Manectric will be able to learn Flamethrower and Overheat in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

No, dexnav will never come to this game.

You can already feed unlimited pokeblocks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Manectric will be able to learn Flamethrower and Overheat in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks!

No, dexnav will never come to this game.

That's OK, just thought I'd ask.

You can already feed unlimited pokeblocks.

Oh neat, thanks again.

Can Gengar learn dazzling gleam in this game? (Wondering cuz it can in modern games)

Is there any changes to move relearning? Like maybe put an npc that nicknames/remembers moves in the pokemon center, or party screen. A modern qol thing.

Also you know what'd be really cool? If we could change our character's color scheme, like pokemon ROWE or unbound has.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Really enjoying this so far, gotta love a hack with following Pokemon.

Question, is there a Pokemon location document?

If not, anyone know off the top of their head where/when a Mawile can be caught? I've always liked this Mon but I think never actually used one, and it'd do good coverage for me at the moment.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Days
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I just finished E4 and want to train my EVs but my pokemon can't seem to gain EV at the Lilycove training center. Is there any step I need to do before the EV will be updated to the summary page?

Thank you for the amazing hack!

Under Evolution changes and improvements, it should be
    Code:
    Happiny --> Chansey, level up with "Lucky Egg"
    instead. Leveled Happiny to 97 before noticing it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I just finished E4 and want to train my EVs but my pokemon can't seem to gain EV at the Lilycove training center. Is there any step I need to do before the EV will be updated to the summary page?

Thank you for the amazing hack!

Under Evolution changes and improvements, it should be
    Code:
    Happiny --> Chansey, level up with "Lucky Egg"
    instead. Leveled Happiny to 97 before noticing it.

EVs, unless disabled via the Challenges menu at the start of the game, should go up as in every Pokémon game. You can use a Macho Brace to multiply EVs gained by five.

You're right about Happiny! I must have forgotten to change it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Easily my favorite Emerald enhancement hack. Still, a few features I think would add to the experience while keeping the experience pretty vanilla:

-Toggeable Infinite Repel a la Radical Red;
    -Toggeable auto heal after battles a la Elite Redux;
    -Adding Sylveon, Megas and the rest of the regional variants;
    -An optional Double Battle mode for all battles.

Otherwise, this hack has been an absolute blast!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Easily my favorite Emerald enhancement hack. Still, a few features I think would add to the experience while keeping the experience pretty vanilla:

-Toggeable Infinite Repel a la Radical Red;
    -Toggeable auto heal after battles a la Elite Redux;
    -Adding Sylveon, Megas and the rest of the regional variants;
    -An optional Double Battle mode for all battles.

Otherwise, this hack has been an absolute blast!

Glad you like it!

I will add an Infinite Repel next update, together with Infinite Rare Candies.

I won't be adding auto-heal after battles because, to be honest, I don't see the point. The game is not (and will not be) a difficulty rom-hack. Unless there's something I'm missing with such a feature, in which case you are free to correct me.

Sylveon is already in the game. Megas will never be in the game, same as regional variants. The game is exclusively a 3rd gen hack with evos and pre-evos from other gens in, but not regional variants. It's a choice on my part.

Making everything double battle looks like it would be extremely time-consuming, but I can have a look. I cannot promise anything.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Can't wait for the next update! In addition to the Infinite Rare Candies, could a 2.5x or 3x exp multiplier be added? Mostly for the early game, where if you build your team early on there can be a little need to grind so the new mons catch up. Though it's not a problem after getting the Exp Share so great job at making grinding unnecessary!

Honestly I thought the same, but after using it in Elite Redux, it really cuts a lot of time spent backtracking to the Pokémon Center (love the faster Joy option btw) or using healing items. If anything, making it limited to a number of uses before needing to charge it at a Pokécenter like in Radical Red seems redundant. It doesn't even make the game easier, just less tedious. Also it reduces my use of fast forward like the faster battle options do, which makes the game more immersive.

Didn't know Sylveon was in the game, I might get one for my next playthrough. When it comes to megas and regional variants I understand your point and mostly agree, honestly I just really love Mega Scizor, Mega Mawile and Mega Absol, and wish they were actual evos, and I love Alolan Raichu, Marowak and Vulpix/Ninetails. So really it's more of a cherry on top kinda thing.

For double battles I know Elite Redux and R.O.W.E. do it, maybe the devs could help you, but if it's too much work I understand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can't wait for the next update! In addition to the Infinite Rare Candies, could a 2.5x or 3x exp multiplier be added? Mostly for the early game, where if you build your team early on there can be a little need to grind so the new mons catch up. Though it's not a problem after getting the Exp Share so great job at making grinding unnecessary!

Honestly I thought the same, but after using it in Elite Redux, it really cuts a lot of time spent backtracking to the Pokémon Center (love the faster Joy option btw) or using healing items. If anything, making it limited to a number of uses before needing to charge it at a Pokécenter like in Radical Red seems redundant. It doesn't even make the game easier, just less tedious. Also it reduces my use of fast forward like the faster battle options do, which makes the game more immersive.

Didn't know Sylveon was in the game, I might get one for my next playthrough. When it comes to megas and regional variants I understand your point and mostly agree, honestly I just really love Mega Scizor, Mega Mawile and Mega Absol, and wish they were actual evos, and I love Alolan Raichu, Marowak and Vulpix/Ninetails. So really it's more of a cherry on top kinda thing.

For double battles I know Elite Redux and R.O.W.E. do it, maybe the devs could help you, but if it's too much work I understand.

There's already a 2x exp. multiplier, however, it's a global option and can only be enabled at the start of the game. Instead, you can change the difficulty to EASY to increase exp. gain if you need to grind.

The rest... I need to think if they are worth implementing. Thanks for your input!

Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Any possibility you'll add a decapitalization feature? I know it's a small thing that most people don't care about. But for the minority of people like me who're bothered by all the irrelevant capitalization and often give Pokemon decapitalized names, it'd be nice :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Thanks, just a few more suggestions:
    -Could Gallade's learnest include any physical Psychic move? Also a less risky Fight move instead of Hi Jump Kick.
    -Could moves like Dive and Waterfall be buffed to 90 power, to make them more viable for Pokémon like Swampert?
    -Could the various legendary tickets made available without needing BP? It takes a long time to grind for those and (personal preference) I always found the Battle Frontier an RNG BS-fest.
    Maybe make the Eon ticket available after catching the first Lati@s by showing it to an NPC, the Aurora Ticket after getting Jirachi with one of the space station NPC witnessing you catching it, the Mystic Ticket by catching the bird and dog trios (making those available first instead of unlocking them after Lugia and Ho-Oh), and the Old Sea Map in a small area that could be added to the Abandoned Ship.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Days
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    I haven't played this rom hack yet but I'd like to know up front,where do you get Elekid and magby?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks, just a few more suggestions:
    -Could Gallade's learnest include any physical Psychic move? Also a less risky Fight move instead of Hi Jump Kick.
    -Could moves like Dive and Waterfall be buffed to 90 power, to make them more viable for Pokémon like Swampert?
    -Could the various legendary tickets made available without needing BP? It takes a long time to grind for those and (personal preference) I always found the Battle Frontier an RNG BS-fest.
    Maybe make the Eon ticket available after catching the first Lati@s by showing it to an NPC, the Aurora Ticket after getting Jirachi with one of the space station NPC witnessing you catching it, the Mystic Ticket by catching the bird and dog trios (making those available first instead of unlocking them after Lugia and Ho-Oh), and the Old Sea Map in a small area that could be added to the Abandoned Ship.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Gallade only has "Psycho Cut" because in Gen. 3 there are no physical Psychic moves, so I had to add it. No other PSY physical move is going to get added. There are also a few Fighting moves that Gallade can learn, it does not need more (Gallade can't learn more, btw, as he has the maximum amount of moves anyway).
    The rest, I'm sorry but no.

Any possibility you'll add a decapitalization feature? I know it's a small thing that most people don't care about. But for the minority of people like me who're bothered by all the irrelevant capitalization and often give Pokemon decapitalized names, it'd be nice :)

Decapitalizating (is that the correct word?) the whole game would take a HUGE amount of time. There are some branches that decapitalize the game but they are pretty old and it's not a necessary feature, so I don't want to spend a huge amount of time merging it into the project.

However, anybody is free to modify the project and do a Pull Request on Github. I would gladly add it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    hi,
    I want to catch Regirock + Regice +Registeel,
    but I play randomize and can't get Wailord + Relicanth to complete the pazel,
    what can I do?
    thx

Back