• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hey, do you have a rough drop date for update 2.0? I've just done the second badge and I'm unsure if I should wait or continue with it being a big update.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    1. Yes, you can. With vanilla encounters you will need to beat the elite 4 before you can start encountering new species in Wondertrade
    2. Not planned at the moment.
    3. It's something that has been suggested, so I don't discard it.
    4. Not planned at the moment.
    Thanks for your comment! I'll share more details on 2.0 when it gets close to release.
    Thank you. I just wanted to know what I should have avoided doing so I could experience it in the new update. I know the battle frontier has Red and Green involved in some sort of way; Is it possible to add like Gold/Crystal or any of the other main characters as trainers to the battle frontier as well. I figure Gold and Crystal would be okay, given their teams should exist regardless of the pokedex limit, and dont push past gen 3 and would be fairly non intrusive unless there's a limit on trainers.

Last edited:

Soulmates

Hogwarts is my Home
    Days
  • is there ways to change a Pokemon's ability, or no? also, what are some good early-game Pokemon for Normal Mode? I started with Mudkip, if that helps. i'm currently training up my Murkrow, Zigzagoon, and Mudkip. Keep Murkrow or box it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    Hey there,
    I just noticed Golduck learns Psychic on Level 60 but is unable to learn the move via TM on e.g. Level 50
    Is that intentional or just an oversight?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    i really wish this rom could add more gen 4 pokemon in it,i think the gen 1-4 pokemon design best and start to go down since gen 5。and pls ,pls is there any chance the pokemon could have the later ability

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    here is a thing,i start the game with no EV mode and when i went to battle frontier i notice that the pokemon in battle factory has evs。is that means if i wanna play battle tower ,i have to fight npc"s full ev pokemons with my zero ev mons?

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Jumped onto this now, just a hunch that it's gonna be great, emerald has always been my go to, fully biased, only thing that would be great is disabling bgm. I don't even know if possible but I recall something years ago where you could disable video possible audio layers. Anyhow let the adventure begin

Edit: I see something in the excel doc, setflag setvar seems to be battle bgm only, still reading through pages, it must be somewhere then

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I dont know if this is intentional -Or a result of using the debug menu, but I did use the debug menu to get there and give myself max bp to test the ticket rewards and what not. Is it intentional that you can keep buying the event tickets even though you can only get one? The points keep going down but you dont get anymore.

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I dont know if this is intentional -Or a result of using the debug menu, but I did use the debug menu to get there and give myself max bp to test the ticket rewards and what not. Is it intentional that you can keep buying the event tickets even though you can only get one? The points keep going down but you dont get anymore.
    Complete guessing what the next question will be, do you have unlimited TMS on? Perhaps it's an impact?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Complete guessing what the next question will be, do you have unlimited TMS on? Perhaps it's an impact?
    No Unlimited TM's isnt on. I basically have the settings to be as vanilla as possible outside turning on the debug menu. I just wanted to check out the event tickets and saw that that happens when you try to buy more than one and was wondering if that was intentional

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    No Unlimited TM's isnt on. I basically have the settings to be as vanilla as possible outside turning on the debug menu. I just wanted to check out the event tickets and saw that that happens when you try to buy more than one and was wondering if that was intentional
    Ok cool, thought I may be able to answer if it helped. My other thought is it's a key item and there is no chock in place if you already have a key item, probably the game doesn't have this check and it's likely not easy to effect, I will leave to resetes now, new here, just my educated guesses

Years
    • Seen today
    It's because the game handles these shops differently and doesn't care if it's an item that can be stacked or not. I didn't think about it, I'll solve it pretty easily.
    Jumped onto this now, just a hunch that it's gonna be great, emerald has always been my go to, fully biased, only thing that would be great is disabling bgm. I don't even know if possible but I recall something years ago where you could disable video possible audio layers. Anyhow let the adventure begin

Edit: I see something in the excel doc, setflag setvar seems to be battle bgm only, still reading through pages, it must be somewhere then
    There's currently no option to disable all BGM.
    here is a thing,i start the game with no EV mode and when i went to battle frontier i notice that the pokemon in battle factory has evs。is that means if i wanna play battle tower ,i have to fight npc"s full ev pokemons with my zero ev mons?
    Hmmm you are right, didn't think about BF mons having EVs. I'll fix it.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It's because the game handles these shops differently and doesn't care if it's an item that can be stacked or not. I didn't think about it, I'll solve it pretty easily.

There's currently no option to disable all BGM.
    Thank you, I played around in the debug menu and on page 17 (I think), so far it looks like the only solution is a silent/softer sound and then in the code where all the bgms are called it calls the silent sound instead.that sounds very manual. I have not looked how to do romhacks, I may start looking as I see 2.0 is on the horizon. Also will be adding what I suspect is a bug (ironic) on Wurmples evolution screen

edit: Ok, looking at it, I get the impression the audio is generated rather than saved, maybe it's gonna be more than I can do

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Possible bug: Wurmple Evo page says it must have a silcoon/cascoon persona rather than LvlUp to 07, day and LevlUp to 07, night, I attached the Eevee evolutions where I have seen this being correct. (The vita stutters under certain conditions, saving, entering battle and is one of the reasons around the bgm, will investigate how and let you know)

Edit: for the master doc, skiploom instead of hoppip is is listed as on route 103, potentially Eevee on the same route should be removed on the doc, surskit evolution page looks weird on the L of LvlUp (should I be adding things to GitHub or here), nosepass Evo screen shows 2 evolutions to probobass, hoth holding a thunderstone, one days say, the other night, I suppose it should be 1 lone only and the day/night came removed, or am I missing something

Attachments

• Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)
      Screenshot_2024-03-24-12-13-39-195_com.miui.gallery.jpg
      199.9 KB · Views: 9
    • Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)
      Screenshot_2024-03-24-12-13-11-043_com.miui.gallery.jpg
      279.6 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello, I really love this romhack as I always love playing Pokemon Emerald when I was a child. I only have maybe a few suggestions. Hoping it is possible to be implemented in the future. Btw, this rom hack is great, love the new features from the upper gen thank you so much for creating this rom. I always love playing the original rom, the battle frontier (especially battle factory) before haha.

1. Suppose a 3 vs 3 pkmn in a 2vs2 battle setup. Where your 1st pkmn uses skill move and fainted 1 foe and your 2nd pkmn move targets the fainted pkmn, but the move is executed after the 3rd pokemon appeared. (If possible the setup is like where after a pokemon fainted and the moves that targets the fainted pokemon shows "but it failed" rather than hitting the next pokemons enemy after it appears. Maybe in settings to turn on or off or something)

2. More pokemon with different skills and stats at battle factoryy (Just kidding)

But if my suggestion takes too much time and work, consider to ignore it. I'm still at the elite four hoping I can beat and enter the battle frontier (sorry for my english if it is confusing thank you much again).

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    I'm doing the Battle Palace right now and noticed that natures changed by mints were not accounted for when calculating AI behaviour in that facility.

Intended or oversight? :D
    Wouldn't even mind if this was gonna stay as intended

Back