• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Odyssey [Beta 3.0]

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
Years
  • Hello hello! I'm going to release version 1.6 this Sunday!
    This is just a QoL and fix update, so no story addition this time. HOWEVER, here's what's new:

NAVAL EXPLORATIONS REWORK

Thanks to your feedbacks I decided to rework Naval Explorations in order to make them more enjoyable and less repetitive, so starting from v1.6 you'll be able to drive the boat yourself and reach the other islands by crossing the sea currents, fighting F.O.E.s and beating pirates! You'll be able to explore minor islands too!
    This is more similar to the Etrian Odyssey III system.

jvbBwfp.png
    rOLjVfB.png
    sscqlcX.png

2OV30NK.png
    RdQ4S1W.png
    WvUhRms.png

GATHERING POINTS REWORK

Many of you said that gathering the right materials is too frustrating cause of its randomness, so here's what I thought:
    The plant on the left has a higher percentage of dropping berries, while the one on the right has a higher percentage of dropping flowers. This will reduce significantly the farming time.

B4xQeX9.png
    2B1EG5T.png

TOWN MAP ADDITION

I get it, a town map is always needed, that's why here's the Talrega Archipelago's town map in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style!
    You'll be able to obtain the Town Map in Nyx's house.

2BV80Dw.png

PLUSLE AND MINUN'S REWORK

The two cheerleader mice were not only Pikaclones, but their stats were waaaay to similiar; that's why they need a total rework.
    Plusle is now a tank/support, while Minun is a special sweeper.

Base Stats:

3adkiNn.png
    ZynCfYw.png

New moves added: Heal (Plusle's peculiar move) and Electroshock.

YFQub4f.png
    gM1miBU.png

Their learnset was also changed to reflect their new roles.

WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT F.O.E.S?

F.O.E.s were just high level mons guarding treasures, that's all.
    I decided to give them a unique moveset and make them drop flowers/minerals/sellables when they are beaten. This way you can have, for example, an Icicle Crash Gyarados, a move that it can't normally learn.

MINOR ADDITIONS

Added Ariadne Thread (Left) and Premier Ball after purchasing 10+ balls (Right).

21AoVUf.png
    9VRtx89.png

FIXES AND MINOR ADJUSTMENTS

- Fixed some typos;
    - Fixed a crash issue regarding the Geomagnetic Pole in the Second Stratum;
    - Buffed the Second Captain's team;

And that's all for today, see you next time!

Last edited:

Draizehn

Waka Waka, es Drácula el de las conexiones en los
    Years
  • Bueno, bueno, bueno
    Comentaré en Español, porque creo qué lo hablas y usar el traductor de Google me da mucha flojera jeje. (Aunque igual dejo la traducción abajo por si acaso).

Me gusta la historia, muy original y bastante atractiva. Me encanta.

El apartado gráfico es exquisito, muy buena elección de tiles, me gustan mucho, aunque en algunos lados se ve algo raro, por ejemplo el desierto y la paja (se me olvidó el nombre así qué lo llamaré así XD), en el Bosque el árbol no combina con la hierba alta (Se ve qué es la original de Fire Red) y se ve algo mal, desde mi punto de vista. Mi consejo, es qué hagas un recolor a la hierba alta (con las paletas del árbol) para que sea igual y se consiga esa armonía.

Los demás gráficos, bueno. Están bien, me gustan. Aunque algunos son los originales de sus inyecciones, estaría bueno qué lo cambiarás.

No he probado la beta, así qué no sé cómo es todo in game, la probaré y daré mi opinión. ¡Suerte con el proyecto!

----------------------------------

Translate to english:
    Good good good
    I will comment in Spanish, because I think you speak it and using the Google translator makes me very lazy hehe. (Although I still leave the translation below just in case).

I like the story, very original and quite attractive. I love it.

The graphic section is exquisite, a very good choice of tiles, I like them a lot, although in some places it looks strange, for example the desert and the straw (I forgot the name so I'll call it that XD), in the Forest the tree does not match the tall grass (You can see what is the original Fire Red) andIt looks a bit wrong, from my point of view. My advice is to recolor the tall grass so that it is the same and that harmony is achieved.

The other graphics, good. They're good, I like them. Although some are the originals of their injections, it would be nice to change it.

I haven't tested the beta, so I don't know how everything is in game, I'll test it and give my opinion. Good luck with the project!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Good good good
    I will comment in Spanish, because I think you speak it and using the Google translator makes me very lazy hehe. (Although I still leave the translation below just in case).

I like the story, very original and quite attractive. I love it.

The graphic section is exquisite, a very good choice of tiles, I like them a lot, although in some places it looks strange, for example the desert and the straw (I forgot the name so I'll call it that XD), in the Forest the tree does not match the tall grass (You can see what is the original Fire Red) andIt looks a bit wrong, from my point of view. My advice is to recolor the tall grass so that it is the same and that harmony is achieved.

The other graphics, good. They're good, I like them. Although some are the originals of their injections, it would be nice to change it.

I haven't tested the beta, so I don't know how everything is in game, I'll test it and give my opinion. Good luck with the project!

Oh hey, thanks a lot!
    Hope the game will be up to your expectations!
    (And yes, as ArosisSoul said I'm Italian, not Spanish)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hello. I have played the game and I have enjoyed it so far. However I have found two gliches (1.5 Beta). One, when I use a teleport plataform (second stratum) the character teleports and after that the screen get's frozen. It is not random and I think that happens after triggering certain events. Other bug that I found was when I was playing with swinub an icicle crash is that icicle crash healed him instead of damaging the foe as it should be and I do not know why it happens. I've just logged so I do not know where I should report the bugs.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello. I have played the game and I have enjoyed it so far. However I have found two gliches (1.5 Beta). One, when I use a teleport plataform (second stratum) the character teleports and after that the screen get's frozen. It is not random and I think that happens after triggering certain events. Other bug that I found was when I was playing with swinub an icicle crash is that icicle crash healed him instead of damaging the foe as it should be and I do not know why it happens. I've just logged so I do not know where I should report the bugs.
    Thanks for the report! They've been fixed in version 1.6

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hi I found another bug.
    Spoiler:

Oh, I know. It happens cause of an emulation problem.
    If you're playing on PC use mGBA.
    If you're playing on an Android device use Lemuroid or RetroArch (with the mGBA core)

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello hello!
    I finished all the maps for v2.0, so for the time being I'll be focusing on sprites, scripts and music.
    Here are some QoL you'll find in the next update:

New Items:
    • Expert Belt
    • Wide Lens
    • Toxic Orb
    • Flame Orb
    • Choice Specs
    • Choice Scarf
    New Abilities:
    • Sniper
    • Technician
    • Unaware
    • No Guard
    • Tinted Lens
    • Filter
    • Solid Rock
    • Regenerator
    • Competitive
    • Defiant
    • Protean (Kecleon exclusive)
    • Super Luck
    • Snow Cloak
    • Adaptability
    • Scrappy
    • Unburden
    • Gluttony
    Minor changes:
    • Potion, Superpotion [...] ➜ Medica, Medica II [...]
    • Revive, Max Revive ➜ Nectar, Nectar II
    • Full Heal ➜ Theriaca
    This was made in order to mantain some degree of continuity with Etrian Odyssey
    Pokemon_Odyssey_ENG-2.png
    Pokemon_Odyssey_ENG-0.png

New music tracks:
    As we approach the Fourth Stratum the Wild Pokémon theme and the Trainer theme change according to the mood of the story by taking a more serius tone.
    Here are some sneak peeks at the new tracks you'll hear in Beta 2.0

That's all for today, see you next time!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2023
    Awesome ROM hack, very original. As someone who's watched Made in Abyss, I'm liking the story so far. The characters actually has personalities, making the story more immersive.
    Double battles are always more fun and interesting. Not having to worry about EVs is a great way to focus more on the story than the grindings.
    Looking forward to more content.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Awesome ROM hack, very original. As someone who's watched Made in Abyss, I'm liking the story so far. The characters actually has personalities, making the story more immersive.
    Double battles are always more fun and interesting. Not having to worry about EVs is a great way to focus more on the story than the grindings.
    Looking forward to more content.

Oh hey, thanks a bunch! Reading this makes me happy!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I have just started playing this as my first ever Rom Hack of a Pokemon game and I gotta say I can't wait for it to continue. It's been a blast up to this point.
    Are there any changes to Pokemon evolutions that would normally only evolve by trading ?

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • I have just started playing this as my first ever Rom Hack of a Pokemon game and I gotta say I can't wait for it to continue. It's been a blast up to this point.
    Are there any changes to Pokemon evolutions that would normally only evolve by trading ?

Thanks a lot! Hope you'll enjoy the experience until the end!
    By the way, you'll need a Link Stone (which is not obtainable yet). As for changes to stats, evolution etc etc check the documentation in the first post

Last edited:

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Sooooo I almost finished all the sprites needed for v2.0, here's what's new:

I revamped Nyx and Karin battlesprite, so here's the new version

91x8Zkg.png

Someone suggested to put an indicator on NPCs if their quest is available. Well, done :^)

0UQWDzH.png

Another one asked for a method to heal your team and/or recover stamina outside the guild, and here it is.
    The price is high (50.000), but you have to consider how strong this item is.
    Oh, last but not least, I'm going to add a MainQuestLog Item that reminds you where to go/what to do in case you missed something/you stopped playing for a while.

6FRlvw1.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Hello, was wondering if you're planning on adding a store that sells evolution stones, I am missing a few for certain pokemon, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Also, wanted to say that I really like the game, even created an account just for this particular rom, you've done amazing work!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello, was wondering if you're planning on adding a store that sells evolution stones, I am missing a few for certain pokemon, thanks!

Also, wanted to say that I really like the game, even created an account just for this particular rom, you've done amazing work!

Oh hey, first of all thanks a bunch!
    As for your question: For balance purposes I can't sell stones yet, so you have to get them at the Mining Points. But no worries, you'll be able to obtain all of them once Beta 2.0 drops. Just wait until then!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello hello, good news!
    All the events of the Third Stratum are done, so we're almost halfway through.

New Titlescreen for version 2.0
    dJglBpr.png

Final version of Talrega (or at least I hope so)
    uqBP3tP.png
    0HASBz5.png
    CpSNSTl.png
    XbzjXTF.png

Aaaand new islands to explore!
    2JFn6IV.png

Last but not least: we are planning to release v2.0 in June/July!

Back