• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: The War Against Giygas (Demo) v0.2

Days
  • title.PNG

DOWNLOAD DEMO

STORY

This game takes place sometime in the 1990s, in the fictional country of Eagleland, a parody of the United States. The player starts as a young boy named Ness as he investigates a nearby meteorite crash with his neighbor, Pokey, to find his neighbor's brother Picky. They find that an alien force, Giygas, has enveloped and consumed the world in hatred and consequently turned Pokémon, humans, and objects into malicious creatures. A small, bee-like creature from the future named Buzz-Buzz instructs Ness to collect melodies in a Sound Stone from 8 **Sanctuaries** to preemptively stop the force, but is killed shortly thereafter when Pokey & Picky's mother mistakes him for a pest. On his journey to visit the "sanctuaries", Ness will eventually team up with 3 other pre-teens to help stop Giygas's evil plans. These 3 include a girl named Paula from the city of Twoson, Jeff from the cold, northern country, Winters., and Poo, the prince of the far off kingdom in the clouds, Dalaam. With their Pokémon at their sides, as well as several other helpful people around the world, will Ness and his friends be able to stop the, diabolical & all-powerful Giygas? Only time will tell.

FEATURES

Spoiler:

CURRENT PROGRESS

This is my first ever project using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials or even making/working on a game so progress has been slow but it's getting there. In about 6 months I've gotten just past the first "gym", or to those familiar with Earthbound up to the Twoson entrance. I've learned a lot during this time and should be able to make much quicker progress to the next "gym". I plan to update this article after completing each major area/"gym". I hope to complete the next major area within 3 months

SCREENSHOTS
    Spoiler:

CREDITS

Spoiler:

CHANGELOG

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back