• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokea X's Art

Years
So, basically, I just wanted to show some of my artwork here. The first two are big honking things, the latter two are banners, which are free for use.

zXvhL
zXvhL.png

Sil6W
Sil6W.png

vE01V

vE01V.jpg

LmwJJ

LmwJJ.png

Comments and Criticism requested!

droomph

weeb
Years
The first two - they are weird, to say the least. I suggest using a tablet, and a program like GIMP (or maybe even Photoshop) would be a good thing to have. Practice, practice, practice. Also the pictures need to have some anti-aliasing done to them. And the facial expressions - try drawing anime over and over again, because you need practice. And don't worry! I wouldn't have been able to done it myself tbqh. But that being said, it needs improvement.

As for the banners, the pictures also need to be anti-aliased. Wether that be by changing the settings or filling in every pixel, that white ring around some objects shouldn't be there.

Years
Erm...I did use GIMP, but I don't have a tablet, and those things cost like $200. As for the white ring, I really do need to fix that.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, I meant, use a tablet, because frankly I've found that unless you're doing pixel art, drawing by hand is the way to go. And I've checked; unless you're going for the "classy" tablets, they're usually not that expensive.

Though, another way to go is to use a scanner to upload your hand-drawn images to your computer.

It's not because you're bad or anything - naturally, the mouse sucks at drawing "natural" curves. Though if you want to do your own thing, be my guest. All I'm saying is that the style I think you're aiming for isn't very pretty with straight lines.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
im not an artist so i have no comment for the first two :P

your banners~ the rendering needs to be improved, same with your blending.
in the second one, your text is...way too much .________. plus if you HAVE to have that much (which you shouldnt) then use a font that is easier to read (improtant when having big blocks of text, or if they're very small)

Back