• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokemon Fabled Hearts Spritedex

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Your pixel art skills and design choices are fantastic! I'm a fan of the whimsical palettes you've used. I'm very to excited to see more of your work! <3​

Thank you :) It means a lot coming from you!

Though, I might have to admit a ton of my design choices happen by chance since I rarely start a sprite with a clear game-plan, just a general idea/concept. I guess you could say they are very on-a-whimsical :p

Years
I'm always excited to see pixel art of fakemon that both fits the 'style' necessarily needed as if it were to be displayed in game, but also showcases a personal style. Your pallets are light hearted, but very consistent and still feel like they have a realistic weight to them, not just full of cotton candy. : ) I also like that this style attends to your trainer sprites as well, but I feel like you could do with larger trainers to show off more of your great detail, but I understand if it doesn't fit into the limitations.

247.png

This is the one I think that's the most technically skilled. There's so many details, colors, and accent in this design, but your pallet is very fair to all these saturated colors and well as the sprite being very readable. I'm also fond of the 2nd stage of this evolution line as well, it has a good use of yellow!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
I'm always excited to see pixel art of fakemon that both fits the 'style' necessarily needed as if it were to be displayed in game, but also showcases a personal style. Your pallets are light hearted, but very consistent and still feel like they have a realistic weight to them, not just full of cotton candy. : ) I also like that this style attends to your trainer sprites as well, but I feel like you could do with larger trainers to show off more of your great detail, but I understand if it doesn't fit into the limitations.

247.png

This is the one I think that's the most technically skilled. There's so many details, colors, and accent in this design, but your pallet is very fair to all these saturated colors and well as the sprite being very readable. I'm also fond of the 2nd stage of this evolution line as well, it has a good use of yellow!

Wow, thanks for taking the time to share your commentary.

You are now the second person (the other one from DA) who has singled out Bogidiboo. I spent by far the greatest amount of time editing that sprite! Glad to see it being appreciated :)

Also I completely agree about the trainer sprites. I can only make the trainer sprites wider, I already maxed out the height limitations to do the interesting hair :(

Hmm, perhaps I could sprite all guardians and tyrants sitting on their type-specific throne since you only battle them in the their respective kingdoms. That could actually be really effective both stylistically and functionally based on the canvas size limitation since the areas between the waist and knee optically bends, thus freeing up space to sprite largerscale so long as the chair's back is not taller than the top of the head.

As for the other trainers, I could do a combination of different poses. On a knee (like Wallace, Glacia, Burgh, and Elesa's BW2 sprite), layed out pose (like Elesa's BW sprite), extending to the side crouch (like Koga's sprite), sitting sprite (like Alder/Bruno), bending forward (like Roxie, Flannery, and Marlon). Many of those sprites are for 80x80 or 96 x96 formats, but actually fit or close to fitting 64x64.

Anyway, I am rambling, but I definitely think your critique is useful, and will try to be more innovative with my trainer canvases so I actually have close to a DS scale trainer sprite.

Thanks so much :)

EDIT: Attempted to sprite Vivian w/ throne. She definitely looks more important. Her staff is a magical sickle that she uses to grow magical plants and herbs (this replaces the generic star wand I had before).

As far as the spriting goes, she would look very stumpy without the sitting pose because I sprited wider, but not taller. As such I was able to add in more detail with the seated posture.

sTrirYn.png

Also, yesterday I labor over a crazy-difficult concept to fit onto the small canvas. A carnivorous sea rock with three enchanting sirens. Super tough getting three faces, bodies, and the bottom portion is hidden underwater.

Mirag?tra - Mirage (Deception) - Tra (three sirens) - play off of Menagetrois
ss5wCw2.png

Poison/Ground??? - Not sure about the typing yet...psychic/rock/water might also work as one of the types :/
Ability: Arena Trap/Oblivious

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Updated Dex

Volvolt (Electric) ---> Volvyrm (Electric/Dragon)
byPdNDd.png

Ability: Levitate/Lightening Rod
"Volvolt uses it's tail to lift off the ground. One day it hopes to fly."
"Volvyrm nourishes itself off thunderstorms, and can be found in turbulent weather."

Inchard--->Glausilk--->Prismarch
Ice/Bug
nbxdXEo.png

Ability: Shield Dust/Compound Eyes
"Inchard's prismatic ice crystals help it blend into its snowy background".
"Glasilk cocoon is made of many layers glass it creates using its snow crystals."
"Prismarch's glass wings propel it backwards unleashing devastating blizzards at high speeds."

Back