• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sprite Recolours and Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Yeah thanks that colour sheet really helps. Anyways, a small update to make up for the lack of them while I work on some new stuff. BTW we're not limited to Pokemon Sprites are we?

Firstly, I was bored and tried to turn Charizard into Charmeleon.

Some more simplified sprites but I don;t think these are as good as the previous ones.

Dark Espeon and the animated image.

Dark Umbreon and the animated image.

Some Pokemon D/P trainer with his hair recoloured to make him look like the leader of Gospel from MegaMan Battle Network 2.

Pidgeot and Palkia came out looking wrong but I figured I should post them anyway.

And finally, the Forte Cross MegaMan from Battle Network 5 recoloured and animated. Expect more of these unless I'm told I can't post them.

Please excuse the white background on the animations as the program I'm using only offers white/black as a background colour. The sprites also come out a lot faster than on my compuer. :\. Oh well.

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
    Years
  • You're nothing special. Theyre a bunch of cruddy recolours, you dont even have good color choices.

Youre lazy, and you dont try at all. Siamese sprites take less then ten seconds to do, and your photoshop effects are just some simple filters and brushes.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Well simple effects work better than overly complex ones that you can't do properly. I know my work isn't incredible but I never said anywhere that it was. I also asked for honest comments but there is a difference that you need to learn between commenting and being insulting.

Years
  • Yeah thanks that colour sheet really helps. Anyways, a small update to make up for the lack of them while I work on some new stuff. BTW we're not limited to Pokemon Sprites are we?

Dark Umbreon and the animated image.
    This one scares me in a way I can't explain O_o... If you could make the ring looking things sort of more "gold" looking and... Why is it always me that notices these things?

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    What things do you keep on noticing? Anyway I'll try and make Umbreon a bit less "scary" then.
    I might know why you find it scary, it kinda reminds me of that evil rabbit from Watership Down. That was the only time I ever got scared by any type of rabbit (even though Umbreon probably isn't a rabbit).

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Oh right, well I just used the 2 D/P sprites and animated them in continuous loop so there really isn't anything I can do to fix it I don't think.

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
    Years
  • Well simple effects work better than overly complex ones that you can't do properly. I know my work isn't incredible but I never said anywhere that it was. I also asked for honest comments but there is a difference that you need to learn between commenting and being insulting.

Whats there for me to comment on? Fine, I shall do so minus the negativity.

A very nice recolour.

Great rip. Why a rip though, might i ask? If i can recall:

Pixel Art
    For your creative works that focus on every individual pixel. Share (but not steal) your works with others to suit many purposes.

Another excellent recolour.

This is a great cut and paste job.

Another recolour. Although i suggest you read up on pokemon advance style to see that the sprites do lack an all-black outline.

There you go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back