• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG Generations 1.3

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • Well, I would like to announce what would be the First Big Update of the Hack: 1.1 "The Fire and Psychic Expansion"!
    Adding 11 New Cards, 2 New Sprites for the Trainer Cards and Major Hack Changes.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Mysterious-Fossil-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Astral-Radiance.png
    Energy-Search-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Scarlet-and-Violet.png

The Different Versions with 4 and 8 Colors 👆

Ooh. I have some questions:

1) What is the difference between Ultra Rare and Rare for this hack?
    2) What does the 8 color mysterious fossil / energy search sprites do? Did you put it in the game somehow?
    3) Hacking question: how did you make Tech Aaron give 50 energies in each booster pack?

Years
    • Online now
    Ooh. I have some questions:

1) What is the difference between Ultra Rare and Rare for this hack?
    2) What does the 8 color mysterious fossil / energy search sprites do? Did you put it in the game somehow?
    3) Hacking question: how did you make Tech Aaron give 50 energies in each booster pack?

1): I refer to Rarities like this: Common (Circle), Rare (Diamond) and Ultra Rare (Star). I will assume that the Term is Super Rare, the Ultra Rare thing is from Yugioh xd

2): I would like it but no, those Sprites are simply the "Original" Sprites since when it comes to making Sprites I make them first in 8 Colors and then I change them to 4.
    I simply show these so they can see the "Good" version of the sprite.

3): Honestly I don't remember anymore, but it was one of the First Things I did. I think someone mentioned it on your forum.

EDIT: I remember! It's in SRC/Constants/Booster Constants.asm Literally the First Line xd.
    For Some Reason It Only Affects Energy Boosters and nothing else, I'm assuming it's due to the Lack of Rarities?

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Ah I see. Yeah in Pokemon it's Circle = Common, Diamond = Uncommon, Star = Rare, so I thought you made a new rarity. I guess you still could by displacing the promotional rarity somehow but... I have yet to figure out how to make cards of rarities 'sometimes' appear in boosters, such as in the Yugioh TCG and their ultra rares not being in every booster (I think, been a long time since I opened one X/ ).

Also, can confirm you did discover something potentially fun. If you change the number of cards in boosters as you did in the line above, and then go to data>booster packs and likewise change all the rarity number to match the value you just put in, it will straight up give you more cards per booster. Tested just now by changing it to 11 and adding a rare slot to each pack- worked. However: You have to alter ALL the booster packs in data to that number, not doing so crashes the game in very fun ways when you receive a booster pack.

Does the above have value? Maybe...? Making the NPC's give more boosters also does the same thing in a less convoluted way...

EDIT: I tried to download V1.1 of this hack, but it looks like it's the same thing? It says I should expect 2 ultra rares per booster, but I only got 1, so I'm assuming I'm still on 1.01.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The rarity thing is correct actually. The highest rarity of cards goes up to Secret Rare nowadays actually. TPC probably stole that from Yu-Gi-Oh! as the Ultra & Secret rarities are a recent thing from a couple of years back. In the early days of the TCG, the highest was a normal holofoil Rare and Black Star Promos.

Years
    • Online now
    Ah I see. Yeah in Pokemon it's Circle = Common, Diamond = Uncommon, Star = Rare, so I thought you made a new rarity. I guess you still could by displacing the promotional rarity somehow but... I have yet to figure out how to make cards of rarities 'sometimes' appear in boosters, such as in the Yugioh TCG and their ultra rares not being in every booster (I think, been a long time since I opened one X/ ).

Also, can confirm you did discover something potentially fun. If you change the number of cards in boosters as you did in the line above, and then go to data>booster packs and likewise change all the rarity number to match the value you just put in, it will straight up give you more cards per booster. Tested just now by changing it to 11 and adding a rare slot to each pack- worked. However: You have to alter ALL the booster packs in data to that number, not doing so crashes the game in very fun ways when you receive a booster pack.

Does the above have value? Maybe...? Making the NPC's give more boosters also does the same thing in a less convoluted way...

EDIT: I tried to download V1.1 of this hack, but it looks like it's the same thing? It says I should expect 2 ultra rares per booster, but I only got 1, so I'm assuming I'm still on 1.01.

Honestly, I think that one day we would have to make a tutorial or compilation of things that can be done in the game, simply so that it would be easier for others xd.

I have tried downloading and applying the patch on my phone and it works as it should, although there was a time when the patcher installed an older version than the one I wanted to install and I had to clear the cache for it to work as it should, I don't know what you use but I guess it's something similar?

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Honestly, I think that one day we would have to make a tutorial or compilation of things that can be done in the game, simply so that it would be easier for others xd.

I have tried downloading and applying the patch on my phone and it works as it should, although there was a time when the patcher installed an older version than the one I wanted to install and I had to clear the cache for it to work as it should, I don't know what you use but I guess it's something similar?

Nevermind I'm an idiot and got it.

Also yeah, in V1.3 of my game, I'm going to include a list of how to do most things in the pret file.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • So, I've played the game (v1.1), so I'll share my thoughts. But first, the list I used to beat the game, which I am convinced is the most overpowered deck in the current game:

Spoiler:

So, I really enjoyed the game! There is a ton of variety in here and a lot of interesteing pokemon to play with. The cross generational feel has been done really well, with fan favorites everywhere. Getting all the cards is really easy too, due to the lack of promos and booster packs giving 1 more rare per pack.

There are, sadly, a lot of bugs. There are many instances where effects don't work, or attacks are displayed incorrectly, or the card text overflows past the screen. A pericularly annoying one I found involved Audino healing an Escavalied for 1 damage, causing it to stack overflow and give the pokemon 120 HP instead with all damage blacked out. Also the cursor doesn't work for some reason.

To help with this, I'll give some hacking advice because this really is a good game. I also recommend getting FNR as a program, it easily finds and replaces words in many documents, saved me when I had to rewrite every pokemon. Just be sure to use the correct case, and beware of replacing things found in files you don't want!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    [[The Ai doesn't use energy boost]]
    — This one is a lot more complicated to fix. in order for me to do it, I had to delete a specific secrion of the energy boost code. Then, I had to make sure it was pointed in special attacks to the pokemon it was on, and even then it only works for lightning energy. To make it do more than one, you need to copy thr code in several places so the AI can understand it.

I can explain it further if you want, but it might be best to look at my own pret file to see what's different about it.

Well yes, I would like to know more about that xd.
    I've already fixed most of the problems and I've been making several changes to many cards (and mainly nerfing Skeledirge and Drampa), practically the only thing I have left to edit would be Energy Boost.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I really really love the game man! Thank you for releasing such a fun makeover of a classic. I have no constructive criticism for you as this is the first tcg romhack I've played and also the first time I beat the elite 4. My only hope is that you continue the development of the game. Keep up the work man! I'm a big fan.

Years
    • Online now
    Hello, I would like to ask you something: Which of these do you think is better?
    Toxicroak-Comparacion.png

Those on the Left have more Details but less Variety of Colors and those on the Right have Less Details but have "more" Colors

I ask this because in the Next Update I am going to Update some of the Game Sprites (Since there are some that I have done several months ago, the Original Toxicroak Sprite for example, was done in March of this year), and I would like to know which one do you like more.

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Well yes, I would like to know more about that xd.
    I've already fixed most of the problems and I've been making several changes to many cards (and mainly nerfing Skeledirge and Drampa), practically the only thing I have left to edit would be Energy Boost.

Alright, here you go.

As for the sprite examples, it really is a choice between more shading details and less colors VS more colors and less shading details. You have to pick one, and then use it for every card so that the art style is consistent. You know me, I prefer more colors, which is why I already chose that option in my game.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    Alright, here you go.

As for the sprite examples, it really is a choice between more shading details and less colors VS more colors and less shading details. You have to pick one, and then use it for every card so that the art style is consistent. You know me, I prefer more colors, which is why I already chose that option in my game.

Thanks and about the Sprites, the truth is I never pay attention to the Consistency, I simply chose the version that I liked the most or the one that had the best colors, all the Sprites are like that and in fact most of them don't even share colors xd .

In fact, that's something I thought about doing but I found it quite boring to do and I prefer each Sprite to have its own colors and its own "Feel" (And because I'm very bad at making Palettes and being fixed on only using one xd).

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hello, I would like to ask you something: Which of these do you think is better?

Those on the Left have more Details but less Variety of Colors and those on the Right have Less Details but have "more" Colors

I ask this because in the Next Update I am going to Update some of the Game Sprites (Since there are some that I have done several months ago, the Original Toxicroak Sprite for example, was done in March of this year), and I would like to know which one do you like more.

I prefer the right side sprites more with more attention to details than the ones on the left with more colors. All the people playing this game are familiar with the pokemon already so I feel there is no need to color them true to their original form. The monochrome ones look better to me and the details really make it pop. I prefer the monochrome ones to the ones in original color.

Years
    • Online now
    Alright, here you go.

I already did everything and is quite simple, now I tried to add another Pokemon to use the same Energy Spike Command and I got this Error (before adding this Extra nothing in particular happened):
    Spoiler:

Here's what I put in Special Attacks Just In Case:
    Spoiler:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • I already did everything and is quite simple, now I tried to add another Pokemon to use the same Energy Spike Command and I got this Error (before adding this Extra nothing in particular happened):
    Spoiler:

Ah yes, I forgot the last thing. It turns out there are a limited number of "slots" that you can use for special attacks the AI can use. So in order to make room, you have to delete some of them from other areas. In my case I deleted Mix Up, I think, because I found it was a weird attack. And some of the hyper beam slots too. Can't remember the exact details but yeah.

Years
  • Well, I would like to announce what would be the First Big Update of the Hack: 1.1 "The Fire and Psychic Expansion"!
    Adding 11 New Cards, 2 New Sprites for the Trainer Cards and Major Hack Changes.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Mysterious-Fossil-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Astral-Radiance.png
    Energy-Search-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Scarlet-and-Violet.png

The Different Versions with 4 and 8 Colors 👆
    Finished this release with this list:
    Spoiler:

Really liked this release even if I didn't tested yet the new Metagross, Skeledirge, Salamence and Swoobat.
    As pointed by another user, I think that Drampa is probably one of the best if not the best Pokemon in the game and could wrap the game around him. Maybe less HP or a more expensive Rage (maybe for RCC or RR) could help.

The top-right is the one I like the best personally. I'd rather have more contrasting elements and lose details like shadows, I think that's what make the Pokemon even more recognizable

Years
    • Online now
    Well, I would like to announce the Second Big Update of the Hack: 1.2 "The Rock and Thunder" Update!
    Adding 4 New Cards, 5 New Sprites for some PKMN, various Bug Fixes and Many Changes to the Cards.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

And Here is Also a Small Challenge: now there is another Version of the Game where only Common cards appear, the "LC" version.
    It's a small experiment, the truth is I don't know if you can finish the game like this, but you know what? I say you can't, go ahead Prove me wrong >=D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I would like to announce the Second Big Update of the Hack: 1.2 "The Rock and Thunder" Update!
    Adding 4 New Cards, 5 New Sprites for some PKMN, various Bug Fixes and Many Changes to the Cards.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

And Here is Also a Small Challenge: now there is another Version of the Game where only Common cards appear, the "LC" version.
    It's a small experiment, the truth is I don't know if you can finish the game like this, but you know what? I say you can't, go ahead Prove me wrong >=D

Ok. Doing a LC run before the 3rd standard run xD

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't done any uploads yet. Everything is done on my phone and my girlfriend is being petty af. I had moved the remote for our speaker to my side of the couch 1 too many times. So while I was pulling some overtime at work, she took and hid all of my PS4 controllers. It has been 3 weeks 😫

Years
  • LC Challenge report: Tyrunt Control (or how a little Dinosaur broke the LC Challenge)
    696.png

Just to be clear, I always thought that Tyrunt was a really oppressive card but it was with this only common challenge that I understood that it is just broken in this format.
    I get some uncommon and rare cards from the starter deck but I ended up building a full common list just for the challenge.

The list:
    Spoiler:

The picks. All explained:
    * Tyrunt: The star of the deck. This guy is OP. I always thought that 2 energies for an energy removal with 20 damage was almost broken but I also thought that a 60 HP Pkmn with water weakness could be easily knocked out by any Water attacker (which is true!). In the end, the energy removal with 20 damage that early in the game is just that oppressive that there is no Pokemon that could 1 hit KO him with a single energy attack. The only escape: Rain Dance from greninja but there is only 1 trainer in all the game that use it if I'm not wrong and with this build she shouldn't be capable of assembling her Stage 2 ninja frog.
    * Dunsparce: I never used Glare in the standard format but now I understand how powerful is this attack and this pokemon. The transition from Bill to the same attack that Jungle's Likitung for twice as much damage is just seamless. I always used 2 Dunsparce in the base game but just used it as a support for the draw power. It could stall, draw a lot of cards and even KO something weakened. A beast in LC.
    * Zigzagoon: I always thought this was an amazing support pokemon. No retreat cost and team assembly for C? Wonderful! I never resolved a single Pin Missile in the base game because I used Zigzagoon just as a support and I thought it was 2 or maybe 3 coins, but no! It's 4 coins for CCC! It's Kangaskhan's Comet Punch for one less energy! In this deck is the same support as always but it is also our "finisher" that could beat everything after the oppressive energy denial.
    * Duskull: Hypnosis sleeps ALWAYS. Another case of "read the card explains the card". Between Hypnosis to stall, Dark Revival to revenge kill or do a spread of damage after a KO or an opponent's Prof. Oak Duskull could even do a killing spree chaining between Dark Revivals (and we could block the opponent bench with good targets for our Gust of Wind). What else we can ask? I dunno but the guy has no retreat cost too just to let us pivot even more between our menaces, supports or denial tools.
    * Murkrow: There's a reason why Psyduck was used in Base-Fossil era as an opener. Trainer denial could brick a lot of decks and if you add damage to the formula it is even more oppressive. The stall is not as strong without Lass to support us but the value that we could get from opening with it and blocking some trainers at the start of the game could give us the game easily after building our first Tyrunt. Also, another pokemon without retreat cost to continue pivoting.

All trainers are pretty obvious except for:
    * Gambler: The new Gambler does the best impression of Professor Oak a control/stall deck could dream of. Not only we shuffle our hand instead of discarding it to not lose to mill but we can always pitch it with 3 or less cards in our hand just to "refresh" the hand. It is an amazing draw also when we are in topdeck mode because it is just a "draw 3 cards".
    * 4 Switchs?: Yeah. Normally I use 2 switch + 1 full heal in most decks or a 3 / 2 split in decks that are really reliable in a single pokemon with an expensive retreat cost, but THERE'S NO FULL HEAL in the format. So I just used 4 "full heals" in the form of pivot pokemon without retreat cost (9: Zigzagoon, Duskull, Murkrow) since Tyrunt has a retreat cost of 2.

After all this I could say that maybe Tyrunt need a little nerf because it is the only pokemon that could do a energy denial attack for 2 energies in all the format and I don't think many decks could escape that level of oppression. This could maybe even beat Cataclyptic's Hellfire Deck that proved to be problematic prior to 1.2 (with the help of Lass and the rest of uncommon and rares).

All things say. It was an amazing challenge, I had such a blast doing it! I don't know if I'm doing a v1.2 standard run soon but if I do so I'll try the Pokemon introduced in 1.1 & 1.2 because I didn't tested any yet.

Thanks again for the game! It is really cool and I really appreciate the experience of playing it, it let me feel like when I was a kid and played the original pokemon tcg for gbc for the first time =)

Last edited:
    Back