• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke's gallery of sprites

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
  • Well.........My sprite gallery

It's not much and it's only for show and not going to be used in a game or hack of any sort.

4 images are fully scratched and is fake.
    the one that has a recognizable ninetails head is a fusion,obviously.

thank you for going through the trouble to even see this thread.

some may be bad and others may be good,but i accept any constructive crticism of anything I shold improve or anything I am able to keep

Pokedex Version

And A trainer

And a christmas misc. picture

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    For one, it looks as if you're shading every part of their body as a separate object, regardless of how they all fit together. Not everything needs to have all three tones of colour and barely any of your outlines have any colour to them except black.

But being able to draw well first is more important than colouring, and a lot of the lines and curves you've drawn are jagged - this is most evident with that big grey one - that yellow staff thing looks like it's growing thicker and then slimmer as it goes along and the general shape of the circle is jagged. I can also see some lines that are more than a single pixel thick that need cleaning up.

There's also the problem that drawing a sprite facing directly forward tends to make for boring looking pieces unless you're a good artist capable of drawing dynamic poses.

As for that fusion, well, pretty much all the colours are completely messed up. You've left outlines on the tail lighter than the colours inside the tail, black outlines all over the body, bad shading everywhere and the outlines on the feet really bad. It's a mess, frankly.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • I know I suck at scratches and shading and making outilines,so I'll try my best to make on that isn't as plain as the first four.

My next line of sprites!
    I hope it's better than the previous pictures.I added more colour to the outline to the scratched pokemon,also put in a lot of other trainer sprites.most are g/s/c fusions though.the chimcar is a pixel over,sorry if the outline of some still suck,I don't know which colour to put where.

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I think the first one is amazing.

And the other three (particularly the third one, my favourite) could use with some more 3D-ness?

Years
  • I think they look very nice. They have a very 2D feel to them though, unless you're going for that? Something I find good for the outlines is that where the lightest colour hits the black line, it should be coloured with your darkest colour.
    For eg, the big grey one, where the light blue touches the black line, you should change the black line to the colour of the darkest blue. I'm not really sure if that makes much sense but I find it makes my sprites seem more smooth.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Next Set of sprites.....so I had to mix white with black...resulting bad background.
    the yellow pokmeon seems like pikachu beacuse I was trying to make an electric from scratch and that's the result

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • is it allowed to post other stuff other than scratch and fusions here?
    I want to add some glows and recolours

Back